Options

Suspicious e-mail from Tauck today regarding survey about future travel

I just received an e-mail from Tauck that looked rather suspicious to me , so I didn't open it. I know that Tauck did send out surveys awhile back about future travel so I just wanted to ask those that received that e-mail, if this looks legitimate.
This e-mail came from Jzech@tauck.com via. and when I hovered over this e-mail address, it showed the following. Member@outbound.research.net.
If this is not valid, I am thinking I should report it to Tauck. Has anyone else received an e-mail like this recently?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021

It is hard to say. It could be legit, but if so, I think Tauck should have sent a heads-up email or posted one- my insurance company does that before we are sent a survey from an authorized contractor. I sent your post to Tauck IT and asked them to check it out.

• Options

If you are ‘suspicious’, delete it. Why mess with it?

• Options

Thanks Alan, I appreciate it.

Sealord, I did delete it and never opened it, but I know several members on this discussion board had received e-mails from Tauck about a future travel survey and was just curious if the emails that were sent out a month ago or so came from this research company.

• Options
    edited August 2021

It”s a legitimate email, Below Is one I received last month about the Tauck app

Dear Tauck Traveler,

We are thrilled to be resuming travel to most of our favorite destinations.

Due to the challenges surrounding keeping information current in a rapidly changing world, Tauck has paused the use of our mobile app for the 2021 season. Our goal is to use this pause to enhance and relaunch a better version of the app in 2022. Accordingly, as an app user, we would value your thoughts on how we might improve. The button below my signature will take you to the survey.

My sincere thanks for taking the time to respond. It will help us immensely. From all of us here at Tauck, stay safe, and know that we are ready for you when the time is right.

Be well,

Jared Zech
    Director, Digital Products

• Options

Thanks so much, British. I guess Tauck is sending them out in batches. There are so many scam e-mails these days, that if something appears even a bit off, I just delete them.

• Options

Hi All,

We apologize for any confusion. This is indeed a valid survey.

Thanks,
    Tauck Emily

• Options

Emily, thank you for your response.

• Options

Travel maven. Are you able to retrieve the email and tell is what the survey is about! I didn’t get it this time.

• Options
    edited August 2021

British, yes, I was able to retrieve the e-mail. My e-mail came on August 11 and my fiancée also received the e-mail from Tauck today. I have copied the text from the e-mail below. We may have received the e-mail as our 2020 April River Cruise to France was canceled 3 weeks prior to leaving, due to COVID, and we have not re-booked this Tour or another at this time. (see third paragraph)

Update to my earlier post: I decided to take the survey, since I now know the e-mail is valid and it is as I thought that this e-mail is geared to those whose previous trip was canceled and have not re-booked. So, if you have already re-booked your trips or booked a brand new itinerary, you will not receive this e-mail.

The start of the survey states the following:
    "We sincerely thank you for taking a couple of minutes to respond to this short, but critical survey for Tauck. As someone who was previously unable to travel with Tauck due to COVID-19, we would like to better understand why you have not yet rebooked travel plans for the future. "

Dear Tauck Traveler,

I hope this email finds you and your loved ones well. After a long pause in travel, I just returned from a trip to Portugal for the christening of our newest Tauck riverboat, the ms Andorinha. I am happy to report that my experience was very positive and I felt both safe and comfortable throughout my journey. It was heartening to share this first trip with other Tauck travelers who, like me, were eager to see the world again.

Over the past few months, Tauck has successfully resumed tours and cruises to most destinations throughout the world. The path to get here has been complicated and often messy, and we continue to monitor and evaluate our ability to safely operate in each destination daily. We are continually working hard to ensure that you, our valued guest, feels confident traveling with us again and that we are able to deliver the Tauck experience you expect. And while we celebrate this return to travel, we also recognize and understand that the time may not be right for everyone.

I share your disappointment that your previous Tauck tour plans were changed. While you have not yet re-booked your trip, I am hopeful that you will consider traveling with us in the future. In this ever-evolving time, we would be very grateful if you can take a few minutes to share your current thoughts so that we can serve you better moving forward.

My sincere thanks for taking the time to respond. From all of us here at Tauck, stay safe, and know that when you’re ready to travel again, we are ready to welcome you.

The button below will take you to the survey.

Be well,

Jeremy Palmer
    Senior Vice President, World Wide Operations

• Options

I also received the survey, I think it was sent to those who had trips cancelled and had not yet rescheduled. Those who had received earlier versions had probably rescheduled. The survey wanted to know when (and if) we expected to travel with Tauck and what needed to change before we would rebook.

• Options
    edited August 2021

I haven’t rebooked I think, three of my trips, have rebooked two but a long time ago and booked something different. Until I know if these tours in April July and September next year go, I can’t book any other tours, there would be more but I’m not putting out any more cash to leave in limbo even if it means toursI would like to do are sold out next year.
    I’ve had what seem to be like two begging letters from Tauck asking I book the the now open 2021 tours. In additional to the already mentioned, Several reasons why I won’t . First, he who must be obeyed says no. Second, I can’t imagine the price of trying to book a last minute flight, and now third, things are closing down again. Hate the uncertainty of not being able to plan my calendars which is usually done a out 18 months ahead, spacing out all the fun things that include, travel, theater, singing, seeing family, my garden and enjoying my home, during the summer months when we try not to travel more than once.

• Options

I did get a "Special Greetings from Portugal" email from Alans buddy Dan Mahar this morning. Some photos and info about the christening and the new ship. Just to prove their emails aren't all that tailored, it ends with "I hope you will consider joining us on the ms Andorinha soon.". Well gee Dan, we're booked on it in 2022. Don't have time to go on it this year too. Lol.

• Options

@Claudia. We received the same email from Dan and we're also booked for this trip in 2022. One would think their database could be checked so emails could be more personalized...like "We're looking forward to hosting you on this cruise in 2022".

• Options

We got Dan’s email too.

• Options

Claudia ...Just to prove their emails aren't all that tailored, it ends with "I hope you will consider joining us on the ms
    Andorinha soon.". Well gee Dan, we're booked on it in 2022. Don't have time to go on it this year too. Lol.

We just got a personalized letter from Dan Mahar (I'm almost feeling like AlanS :D ) thanking us for our comments from our recently completed Iceland tour, commenting on how many tours we have taken with Tauck, and that they look forward to seeing us on the Russian Glories and Baltic Treasures tour that we have booked for next year.

So, maybe no personalized emails, but certainly personalized letters.

• Options

From our first Tauck cruise we were told that management really did read and pay attention to the comment forms they beg us to fill out. We've always gotten responses though some have been more specific than others. It's worth the time to let them know what you liked and didn't like.

• Options
    edited August 2021

Another thought- since it appears, at least from the number of forum folks who are in a 'wait and see' mode or have already decided to re-book for 2022, and from what appears to be wide-open availability for many of the tours in the last part of 2021, maybe Tauck is working on upping their promotional efforts. Or maybe, just maybe, they are evaluating, contemplating, etc. offering incentives to people to book late 2021 tours! if pigs could fly . . . :D

• Options

We've gotten several emails and some snail mail flyers on tours that are available but so far no extra incentives.

• Options

We are fully booked every three months for the next year. Perhaps that is why they answer my phone calls without a ‘hold’ or maybe I’m just lucky.