Flight Change

I just did one of the checks of upcoming flights I regularly do in the weeks and months leading up to upcoming trips. Many airlines don’t send alerts this far out. It appears Turkish is one of them since there is a change in the leg from IST to AMM for our March J&E.

I checked the details- the flight takes off at the same time, but will now arrive in Amman later, EXACTLY one hour later. My initial thought- there is a time change. Yup, Jordan switches to DST at the end of Feb- Turkey and Egypt do not. Other than arriving at midnight instead of 11 pm, it is not a big deal. You would think their flight scheduling software should automatically adjust for seasonal time changes. :#

Unfortunately, the Turkish website wouldn’t allow me to confirm/accept the change. “No seats available at fare class” kept popping up despite the “new” flight having the same flight number, aircraft type, etc. At some point I guess I’ll need to try and reach them by phone to ensure all is copacetic. :#

Comments

• You see, there's a reason their country is called Turkey. :)

• AlanS - You should have read the fine print. You’re only allowed two website accesses and one phone call per reservation. I’m sure your quota was used in the first week. 😂

• AlanS, I got an e-mail this morning from Turkish Air that announced the change in flight time (from 6:10 a.m. to 7:10 a.m.) on my AMM-IST flight in March. Because it still showed the arrival time in IST as being 9:25, I figured that it involved DST somewhere. I didn't need to do anything to confirm or accept the change. I updated my departure time on my Tauck profile. I'm happy to have the extra hour of sleep.

• I respect that many wish to possibly save money by booking airfare on their own, but the few times in which my flight schedules have changed, Tauck has immediately contacted me and assisted in finding an alternative if need be. Fortunately, I have never been stranded at an airport, but should that occur one call to Tauck is all that I would need to do.

This is merely my preference for alleviating any extra stress associated with international travel, especially during these uncertain times.

• When Tauck has called us about flight changes, they have so,etimes suggested really bad routing as the alternative, so it pays to do your own research too. We refused a recent large flight change they gave us which would have meant going a day earlier than we were already going….can’t remember which tour it was…but we had already done the research and found a much better flight that Tauck was not aware of, they only have direct access to certain airlines. They booked the flight we preferred.