Options

ms Sapphire

Does the ms Sapphire have hair blow dryers in cabins? Description of room "with pampering toiletries" not very specific.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022

Yes there will be a blow dryer. Based on past cruises with them the toiletries are Moulton Brown. They include shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, body lotion and things like swabs, shower cap, etc. Also the room will have a robe and slippers. All of these are pretty standard on any Tauck hotel in Europe as well.

• Options

On the Emerald recently, I noticed that there was no hand lotion...none in our stateroom at all. The shampoo, conditioner etc. were shower mounted which was fine but kind of missed the small sample sizes. Oddly, the Paris Intercontinental also had no hand lotion in the hotel rooms. I will now always bring mine along...could be supply-chain, expense...whatever the reason, I now know what else to add to my list when I travel.

• Options

Apparently to save the waste caused by all those tiny plastic bottles, hotels etc are promising to replace them with more planet friendly alternatives. I miss all the goodies too, but if it’s better for our planet I’m good with it. So happy to have the information though because now I can pack lotion too. Always good information here🥰

• Options

Pre-covid Tauck was moving to more eco-friendly options. On our 2019 cruise they had the refillable shampoo, conditioner, and body wash containers in the shower, but you still got the others. That was also the year I think they started having the stainless steel insulated water bottles instead of throwaway plastic.

Last year on our 2 tours the hotels had the normal options.

Hard to know what's causing a change this year. I didn't care for the lotion and bought a bottle elsewhere on the tour. Now I bring my own.

• Options

Just reaching here and nothing to back it up, but there may be some health issue with the small bottles since they can be opened which can allow water, and who knows what to get inside.

• Options

It’s all to save money and the planet. And since covid I think they are obliged to throw everything’s away from the room. whether used or not, even though it’s unlikely to be a health hazard

• Options

I've noticed wall mounted shampoos and conditioners in the shower among different hotel chains also. I believe it's a method of saving money and waste. I also prefer to bring my own and even my own bar of soap.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file