Options

Tanzania: Serengeti to Zanzibar July 18

I will be heading to Tanzania Friday with my grandsons and my son . Our tour says sold out but I’ve not seen anything on the forum from anyone else on this trip? Anyone else going on the July 18?

Comments

• Options

We are here. We arrived in Tanzania Saturday evening. All our flights were on time however our two checked bags did not make it. I was told there are no flights on Sunday so the earliest we could expect our bags would be Monday.
    We have enjoyed our stay at the Arusha Serena Lodge.Beautiful grounds and the staff here are excellent. We hiked around the lake on Sunday and today we will do a half day city tour. We will meet our TD Siggy this evening at 5:00.

• Options
    edited July 2022

Terrye - Looks like you're having good weather. On your hike around Lake Deluti did you see any cormorants or Nile monitor lizards? You must have had sightings of Mt. Meru.

• Options

Arusha is a small town. Please tell us what the tour includes, you can drive through it in about five minutes.

• Options

I'll bet they go to the Cultural Center and maybe to a lumber yard or a furniture "factory." :D

• Options

Terrye, thanks so much for posting. This is the trip I am trying to talk my stay-at-hime husband into taking. Your photos might help to convince him!

• Options

LadyB - may be time to trade in Mr. Stay-at Home. 😁

• Options

Did you have a tight turnaround time on your flights? I'm flying to Arusha in 2 weeks, through Doha, but with a long layover.

• Options

The Doha flight does not have problems, it is always the Amsterdam flights, we have done both. Qatar is wonderful

• Options

_so sorry to leave everyone hanging I could not post to the forum. So now that I’m back and our trip was fabulous! I will answer some questions and post a few pictures.

• Options
    edited July 2022

As for the flights on the way there everything was like clock work . 21/2 H.R.layover in Amsterdam and off to Arusha. Our bags did not arrive until three days later. However we were prepared and having laundry done was not a problem. The city tour went to the market.and I did not see a lumberyard.! "")

We did also go to the cultural center on this tour.
    Yes Sam we saw the Nile monitor,and cormorants. The weather was perfect through our entire trip.

• Options

The Ngorongoro crater was amazing a little cold but still fabulous.

• Options

I prefer the western Serengeti as it is less crowded with vehicles.these are only pictures I took with my iPhone. The lions we could not get close to in the crater due to so many vehicles that did not obey the 10 minute rule. I do not have pictures of the black rhino but we saw 2 through binoculars.

• Options

We also had a large elephant give us a wake up call our last morning in the crater he was right by the building.

• Options

I will not post everything as the forum can’t hold it all and I think some things need to be experienced in person. I will post a few more pictures but I will not post my videos of the Serengeti. We watched and video taped a mother cheetah teaching her three cubs to hunt a Thompson , needless to say that really made the trip they were right by our vehicle. We saw thousands of Zebras Wildebeest warthogs and buffaloes. We saw the most elephants in the western
    Serengeti.

• Options
    edited July 2022

We saw many lions and even got a short glimpse of three cubs.we also saw 4 leapords in the same day!many warthogs, hyenas, jackals

• Options
    edited July 2022

This was a fabulous trip for my grandsons and my son and I. All the guides were phenomenal. Our group consisted of a group of 16 friends in a group, my four family members and then a mother son and two ladies traveling together .we had 6 vehicles which allowed my family a private vehicle on almost every drive.Lady Bombay, if your husband doesn’t want to go find a friend and go! You won’t regret it.

• Options

Looks great. Did you do the malaria regimen before the trip?

• Options

Great pictures Terrye !