Options

Cruising the Galapagos

My wife and I are going on the Cruising the Galapagos. When we originally booked, under Necessary Gear, it stated a 40 oz wide mouth Klean Kanteen. I do not see that listed now. Is a canteen needed?

Comments

• Options

No. Necessary Gear is all expensive and you don’t need half the stuff. You can find alternatives anywhere else. As long as you have shorts or capris and plenty of sunscreen and decent shoes with closed toes and good grip, a sun hat, that’s all you need. I’ve been twice!

• Options

OK, thanks.

• Options

Forgot to mention we are going on this trip starting this Thursday January 12th, 2023.
    Another question, what are the flashlights and headlamps used for?

• Options
    edited January 2023

Jschorr101
    3:45PM
    Forgot to mention we are going on this trip starting this Thursday January 12th, 2023.
    Another question, what are the flashlights and headlamps used for?

Flashlights and headlamps? It is always nice to have a flashlight or just a cell phone to move around your room in case your partner is a light sleeper, but on this tour you don't have any nighttime activities. You don't enter any caves or dark places.

Though not really needed, the only time I've used a headlamp on a Tauck tour was when I penetrated a couple of pyramids during extra days after Jordan & Egypt.

• Options

If anything foldable walking sticks would be worth taking;what they provide on the ship is not as good but will do the job.We found it useful on our lava rock hike.

• Options
    edited January 2023

The Isabela II used to provide stout bamboo walking sticks. Some of the terrain, like in these photos, is pretty rough, but not everyone needed or used walking sticks.

• Options

We went to the Galapagos as part of a Tauck tour that also included Machu Picchu. I blog all our trips and you can see the Galapagos part at https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2021-1Galapagos-04.htm.

We were on the Silversea Silver Origin and it was a wonderful ship.

Mike

• Options

Mike - Counting the days until we leave in May!

• Options

I think the flagger is confused. Why would Mike Henderson be flagged other than a like?

• Options

I think the flagger is confused. Why would Mike Henderson be flagged other than a like?

Thank you for the kind comment, Bucketlist. I think it's because I included an external link (to my blog of our trip).

Mike

• Options
    edited January 2023

Mike, as long as your link isn't to one of Taucks competitors it's fine. You can't post "Any hyperlinks to competing travel companies". I really wish the flagger would actually read the forum rules set by Tauck instead of just inventing their own.

https://forums.tauck.com/discussion/7071/tauck-travel-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest

(Edit- original post said flagged when I meant flagger - autocorrect run amok.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file