Options

Essence of Japan- April 2023

2»

Comments

• Options

Food is never a top priority on our tours, but because we’ve been to Japan before, we could not wait, so here are more food photos from last night

• Options

Here is the room before and after night time futons

• Options

One reason we chose this tour was the visit ot see the famous Snow Monkeys in the Mountain forest, it did not disappoint, there were hundreds of them. We trekked 1.6 kilometers each way to see them.

• Options

Oh, and the nude bathing is now second nature! Second experience last night and more to come. 😀

• Options

If you're on Onsen Air, you can take advantage of nude flying on your way home...

• Options

British, fabulous pictures.

• Options

Here are a few pictures of today’s journey. Matsumoto castle and dinner at our small ryokan inn. We will explore this little village tomorrow that has 200 to 300 year old wooden homes

• Options

British! Awesome pics, looks like a wonderful trip so far. Enjoy!!

• Options

Beautiful pictures British, the picture of you and Simon is very nice. The food, oh my ! the food. Enjoy.

• Options

Hi British: To be clear, you are touring Japan now, but not with Tauck, so some of the experiences you are describing here are different from the Tauck itinerary. Is that correct?

• Options

We are on the May 20 departure. We're also arriving early and we are hoping to get advance tickets to the Studio Ghibli Museum and to see a baseball game in the Tokyo Dome. Sengakuji Temple, where the 47 Ronin are buried, is also on our list as well as Kabuki in either Tokyo or Kyoto.

• Options

We were there in April 2023 and considered the Ghibli Museum, but it's very hard to get tix, especially for foreigners. Good luck with that.

• Options
    edited September 2023

I am not on a Tauck tour, just showing some general photos of where we are for interest. I think we start visiting the places Tauck goes to in our second week.one of the people on our tour who has visited Japan several times was telling us how difficult it is to secure tickets outside of Japan. Baseball of course would be of no interest to me 😀
    My husband has been to Tokyo before, I thought it might be not my kind of city and it was not, too big and no character, but totally my opinion and I’m glad I saw it. All the other places in Japan that I have been to, I can’t wait to see them again.

• Options

How about this toilet. We have come across a couple of these so far where the cistern is filled by a tap above when you flush, it goes into a hole in the middle top of it. I thought maybe you were supposed to wash your hands there, but I’m really not sure.

• Options

Yes, you wash your hands the that water goes into the tank. When I lived there you'd frequently see them in restaurant toilets to save space. I wish the RV industry would get on board with this idea.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file