Options

The ‘Green Book’

I have called ‘Guest Relations;, and I have sent them an email lamenting the disappearance of the Green Book. The person I talked to at guest relations suggested the more effective means to communicate this would be via email. So, anyway I did both. The more or less shoulder shrug response I got had to do with all of the frequent changes that were taking place during the pandemic. I pointed out that the change ‘storm’ is mostly over. For those who would like to see the Green Book return, I would suggest a phone call and an email.

Comments

• Options

With the instructions that Claudia provided, we successfully miniaturized the final email documents that Tauck sent and made them into the exact same ‘green book’ that we used to get. I ran a line of machine stitches along or you could get it spiral bound at little expense.

• Options

I've written "please bring back the green book" as a suggestion on my last 2 end of tour surveys.

• Options

Got my docs today for our June river cruise. I am going to staples

• Options

I'd love to have the Greenbooks back but given how many people here who have lately reported last minute changes in itineraries and hotels, I don't think we're back to pre-pandemic levels of stability.

• Options
    edited April 2023

Perhaps we have forgotten the ‘white book’. On all of our pre-pandemic Tauck trips the TD created the ‘white book’ which was about the same size, but had the ‘changes’, and the tour details as assembled by the TD. It is perhaps a matter of degree and perception. Our first two pandemic trips were cruises on the ‘Star Breeze’. The trip we bought and the trip we got had few similarities. Our four Tauck trips since then have all been exactly as advertised on a daily basis. Sometimes mornings and evenings got reversed. We leave for the Douro plus Madrid and Lisbon in a week. There have been no changes, except for BA taking away a couple of my selected and paid for seats.

• Options

May be I am in the minority.Not missing the green book.I do print the final docs and take it in hand carry.The most important info for me is the arrival information at the start of the trip.Once you connect with TD,there is really no need for the green book or the copy.It is my reluctance to rely completely on the cell phone technology/Wi-Fi connection etc to even print.

• Options

As I have posted before, I make a customized version of the Green Book- text itinerary + internet sourced photos of the attractions we should see each day, + extra activities or special dining we have planned.

• Options

Alan … I need one of your ‘Green Books’. We leave for the Douro plus Madrid and Lisbon a week from tomorrow; Speaking of books, I collaborated with the author of a book called, “Across the Wing” that will be published May 15th. I have no financial interest so I don’t think this is advertising. The book is about Naval Air in Vietnam..

• Options

Speaking of books, I came across the four book series (400+ pages each) and also made into an HBO series, My Brilliant Friend. I could not put those books down. They all very excellent.

• Options
    edited April 2023

Sealord
    4:12PM
    Alan … I need one of your ‘Green Books’. We leave for the Douro plus Madrid and Lisbon a week from tomorrow; Speaking of books, I collaborated with the author of a book called, “Across the Wing” that will be published May 15th. I have no financial interest so I don’t think this is advertising. The book is about Naval Air in Vietnam..

Not hard to do. I just copy and paste the Tauck itinerary into a Word doc, do some minor editing and formatting, then add photos from the internet on alternate pages, which when printed will be on the left-hand pages with matching itinerary on the right. The hardest part is to select the photos I want to use.

I print double-sided in color to make an 8.5” X 11” book. For a half size booklet I convert it to a PDF and I use Adobe Reader and the printing procedure Claudia posted to print a 5.5” X 8.5 booklet. I may make one of each for our upcoming trip. The text on the booklet is a bit small.

• Options

To make my point that things are still in flux, I just got an email this morning from Tauck changing our Greenbook for our upcoming Week in Scotland. They are changing Transport services for the airport pickup so the emergency numbers are different. New Greenbook link but they also listed the numbers in the email so I've starred it and will be able to find on my phone quickly if needed.

• Options

I put all pertinent phone numbers into my cell phone including the Tauck emergency phone number, the transport number, phone number and addresses of hotels, embassy numbers in third world counties. I even put our passport numbers and global entry numbers in the same section so what I think is important will be in one section. However, I put them under the alphabet letter A in my contact section in my phone so everything is complied together for me to view in one place instead of having to search and search. This system works for me. Then I can easily send it to family members.

• Options

I do the same thing, OurTravels34, but I commit our passport numbers to memory and always carry copies of passports separate from the originals. I also know exactly where U.S. and Danish embassies are located when traveling abroad.

• Options

Curious about the Green Book. We will be traveling to England in June. A few weeks ago we received emails with a 27-page pdf attachment entitled “Your Journey Awaits.” Its information was quite specific, but it wasn’t green and it wasn’t a book. Should we expect another document, or is that all there is? ;)

• Options

Frncie - That's all there is now. Before Covid, Tauck sent out that information in a spiral-bound booklet with a green cover, so it was known as "the green book."

• Options

Lot of green trees!

• Options

When we started traveling withTauck twenty years ago, we received those 27 papers in the mail. The green book was a relatively new thing and now appears to be a thing of the past.