Options

excursions in Nairobi

I will be staying a few extra days at the end of my tour.I was wondering what excursions I should try to take? I'm a solo traveler.

Comments

• Options

When I did K&T Tauck discouraged us from leaving the hotel in Nairobi. It was simply a place to gather before heading to the airport. That was in 2015. Perhaps things have changed.

• Options

I did K&T in October of 22. Four of us did an afternoon excursion to the Karen Blixen Museum and the Giraffe Center that we arranged when we got to the Serena Hotel in Nairobi. It was fine and we felt safe but we did not go wandering the streets either.

I was traveling solo as well but managed to get 3 other women interested in the tour. They left that night to go back to Amsterdam. I stayed overnight and then took a morning flight to Zanzibar for a week.

• Options

Nairobi is a very traffic crazy city. We felt no need to go to the places mentioned. We had seen so many animals on the safari. If we want to feed giraffes we can go to our local zoo. This might not be what some people like to hear, but zoos have always been where most people start to understand and appreciation wildlife. When we go to Africa next year,our grandchildren know so much about the African animals already. Just out of the blue this morning, we were talking animals and I was explaining about mosquitoes killing more humans than any other ‘animal’ and then my six year old grandson then told me that salt water alligators are known for killing and eating sharks. Even I didn’t know that one. 😂

• Options

Thank you for all the info.

• Options

I would re-think Nairobi.

• Options

Our tour director discouraged us from leaving the hotel in Niarobi, but a few people wanted to walk to a market. They were on a bridge overlooking a street where there was a protest about gas prices. They were tear gassed.

• Options

I’m in the “out of Africa’ fan club, so I wanted to do the Blixen museum. One of our TD’s lived very near there, and he said the experience was not worth the trip. We skipped it. The new highway to the airport is a blessing … I highly recommend it.

• Options

We hired a driver through the hotel and went to the Blixen Museum. It was very interesting and a good way to spend the afternoon at the end of K&T. From Nairobi we were flying to CAPETOWN the next day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file