Options

Odd forum behavior

For several days, when I open the main forum page, the already-read threads (grayish background), show no text. Once I move my mouse over the page, they appear. Wonder if anyone else has noticed this. I view the forum in CHrome.

Comments

• Options

No problems so far viewing via Safari on a Mac.

• Options

No problems here, on a laptop running Edge.

• Options

MacBook / Safari user here. Some threads are not highlighted in bold even though I have not read them yet. This has been intermittent for several days. I think it might be due to the fact that my Mac is antiquated and I am past due for a new one.

• Options

Never seen anything blank. The odd post is grey when I haven’t read it. Not as bad as it was a few months ago.

• Options

I have not noticed any problems. I use Chrome most of the time. You can try to clear the cache in Chrome and see if that fixes the problem.

1. Click the Tools menu (three dotted lines in the upper-right corner).
    2. Select History.
    3. Select Clear Browsing Data from the left-hand side. Set the Time Range set to All Time. ...
    4. If on a Windows computer, close and re-open Chrome to save your changes.
  • Options

Random but for a long time now, I start reading un-read threads with titles shown in bold print, but after reading just a few, all remaining threads show as being read (no longer appear in bold).

• Options

Yes yes Alan, you describe it perfectly. It’s been doing that on occasion for a long time

• Options

Here's an example. I just opened up the forum and see this:

• Options
    edited October 2023

Do you have any other computer or browser that you can throw into the mix to compare? If not, and you’ve done the things that JohnS suggests above, then not sure what else to try. Perhaps update the browser software or the computer software. Those would be the only other things I can think of besides finding a different computer and/or browser.

• Options

BKMD - I am assuming that you are using a Windows machine. I would try to open the web page on another browser and see if it repros on other browsers. On my PC I have Edge and Firefox installed in addition to Chrome. If you are using a Mac then I don't know.

• Options

I haven't tried that yet (nor done the JohnS suggestions). It's really not that big a deal, but I thought it was odd. I'll do these things over the next few days. I wouldn't be surprised if another browser displayed it normally. I've often noticed formatting differences between browsers viewing the same site. No need to turn this into another packing cube thread :)