Options

A Good Product for DSLR Photographers

edited November 2023 in Travel Tips

I found this small box to hold photography stuff and thought I'd pass along information about it.

It will hold two camera batteries (with one in the camera, that gives you three), two CF Express cards, five SD cards, and nine of the tiny TF cards. The only thing it doesn't hold is the charger for the batteries.

Anyway, you might find it useful if you shoot with a DSLR. I found it very useful - it keeps my photographys stuff together in one place.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TFY9MSG/

Comments

• Options

Mike are all the batteries, cards, etc that you describe for a single camera?

I know that all of the above is different for my Olympus underwater camera than it is for my Sony RX10. All of the stuff you describe I keep in the camera case for the associated camera. That includes the charger for the Olympus, but the charger, download cables, etc. for the Sony are in a different container. I use 4x6x2 clear, collapsible, zipper bags for that stuff.

It does get to be a bit of a pain packing all of the camera gear, especially since it all goes in my carry on backpack (I don't want to risk putting it in checked bags).

• Options
    edited November 2023

Smiling Sam - What I described is the capacity of the box, not what I take with me.

I only take one DSLR with me on a trip and just about everthing for that camera is in the box. I take three batteries just to make sure I don't "go dry". I don't take that many SD cards, but I take at least one or two backups, and one backup CF Express card.

Two of my batteries have USB-C ports on them so they can be charged directly and don't require a separate charger. But I bring it with me anyway, along with one battery that does not have a USB-C port.

Here's a picture of one of the batteries with a USB-C cord plugged into it. The batteries are a bit more expensive than other third-party batteries without the USB-C port but I think it's worth while to not have to bring the charger. I'll probably buy one more and start leaving the charger at home. They're less expensive than the Fuji name batteries, which do not have a USB-C port.

Here's a link to one of my USB-C batteries - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C77W2R3W/
    And a link to my other one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BVDJVSH3/

• Options

I’m in Africa. I hadn’t used my big camera for four years but brought it here. Used it yesterday and it’s such a pain compared to my iPhone. The elephants were so near we could actually have touched one. So really the big camera was not required with all the fancy lens. I won’t be reviewing my photos until I get home but was using both. I fear my big camera might be history after this trip. Too much trouble to cart it around for what I want to get out of my photos.

• Options

British I had that same exhilarating experience when I left the big camera home on a recent trip. I did get many great shots on my Africa tour with the Big camera but that was before the fancy iPhone cameras were a thing. In Africa, the animals are so close, it's really not a huge problem to get a great shot...my India/Nepal trip is the one I'm stressing about--particularly Nepal. The Tigers are not as inquisitive as the Lion in Africa--the little buggers like to hide and disguise themselves. I'm afraid if I don't have the Big camera with the Big lenses, I will miss the Big shot. oh my!

• Options

My intent in starting this thread was not to attempt to convince others to use a DSLR camera. Or to start a discussion about whether someone should use a DSLR.

My intent was to let those who DO use a DSLR about a product I found useful.

If you do not use a DSLR camera, you can safely ignore this thread.

• Options

**MikeHenderson ** The information you provided on the gadget was quite useful...thanks for sharing; however, you must know by now how quickly these discussions can go down various rabbit holes and take on a life of their own :D

• Options

Mike Henderson, thanks for the info. I use a DSLR when traveling. It has a sling strap with a zipper pocket that holds 2-3 SD cards and an extra battery, sufficient supplies for a day of excursions. It has served me well. The battery charger and any extra supplies are in my camera bag, which generally remains at the hotel.

• Options

JanP - I don't use this box when I'm out shooting. Like you, I have a place for an extra battery (or two) and a backup SD card when I'm shooting. I use this box to hold my stuff in my travel bag - just so none of it gets lost. I use that bag for my camera and for my computer and there's a lot of "stuff" in there. The box has made it easier for me to find those few specific camera things.

• Options

Thanks, Mike, I just ordered from Amazon. Think this will be an improvement on my zip-lock bags!