Options

Coliseum Tours in Rome

Going on this trip with my husband and adult children and their significant others at the end of April 2024. We have been to Rome previously but would like to make sure that we get to the Coliseum and it's not on our tour but we seem to be allotted free time . Would you wait until you meet your tour director and ask for their opinion on a tour for that during free time or make arrangements prior? My husband and I previously did the Venice, Florence, Rome tour and loved it. We had a wonderful tour director who helped many people make special arrangements. However, this was back in 2017, Not sure what everyone's experience has been lately.

Comments

• Options

Stay a day later to ensure less hassle… And I guess you mean 2024?

• Options
    edited February 18

I assume you mean 2024 . . . Colosseum tickets and tours book way in advance. We are doing the Tauck Tuscany & Umbria tour in October that ends in Rome with no Tauck Touring in Rome. We've extended 3 days on our own in Rome and have already booked a private guide for the Vatican one day and the Colosseum another day. We have seen both before, but it's been 9 years, so we are excited to revisit the area - and our friends going with us have never been to Italy. If you have a free day there, I'd def go ahead and book a private guide or a group tour of the Colosseum.

• Options

I wouldn't wait to book something. We have used Viator on other tours with good experiences. Just read the description carefully and especially the cancellation policy. Alternatively you could contact the concierge at your Rome hotel for assistance.

• Options

Terrilynn - It's nice that you're revisiting the Colosseum with your friends.

I had to laugh a bit about your comment that it's been 9 years since you last visited. Since the Colosseum has been around for about 2000 years I doubt that it has changed much in the 9 years since you visited. :D

• Options

Sam - you never know when they might add a new wing to it or fix the roof. :)

• Options

Well Stonehenge is even older and the tour experience we had 2016 was definitely different than what I had my first time in 1994.

• Options

Our very first tour with Tauck. Amalfi coast and Rome I think it was, included the Colosseum. I remembered then, twenty years ago, they warned us to be very careful of pick pockets, wonder if there have been issues with some Tauck people there. It doesn’t make sense to skip it. My favorite place in Rome is the Pantheon.

• Options

The Borghese Gallery and Gardens is my happy place in Rome, but the Pantheon is a close second especially since it was a stone’s throw from our hotel, the amazing Albergo del Senato.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file