From : Robert Belinke; 28 Tauck tours
Subject:: Change to day 6 as per notification
UNEXCEPTIONABLE REVISED PLAN:
DATE sent to Tauck on Line 3.30.24
Tour French Escapade: Paris to the Riviera
Journey Begins Aug 20, 2024 6:30PM at hotel in Paris. Airport/train transfer included.
Journey Ends Sep 02, 2024 Any time transfer to airport. Airport/train transfer included.
Additional Information This cruise is on the Emerald.
REF:
itinerary change on Day 6 in
Macon. Due to a scheduling conflict on Day 6, we will no longer be visiting Chateau Pruzilly
after our tour of Cluny Abbey as planned, and instead will be returning to the riverboat for lunch
and an afternoon of cruising.
I'm writing to express my displeasure with revised plan day 6. I can understand not visiting a Location but this ALSO WAS A TAUCK EXCLUSIVE which included a meal. Substituting what I expect is a buffet lunch instead of what I paid for and was expecting is not acceptable. Tauck knew the Olympics were going to impact the Summer but Tauck being one of the best IF NOT the best tour company by reputation should have found an alternative location for lunch OFF THE BOAT.
As it stands, I would expect Tauck to offer guests one or more of the following options:
1. Free trip cancellation and total refund including trip protection if purchased.
2. Free rescheduling of this trip at the same price in 2025 or 2026 NLT Dec 31, 2024.
3. A minimum cash credit of $350 in lieu of the schedule change and proceed with the revised itinerary.
Like I mentioned, if this was not a Tauck Exclusive and/or did not include a meal at a special location, a change like this would be totally understandable but the change back to the boat with a meal on the boat is rather insulting for what I expected from Tauck.
Thank you.
Robert
9412663998