Options

Can Anyone Explain Tauck Voluntary Cancellation Policy?

We are booked on the Singapore-Bali tour for October. I see that Tauck canceled the first five Singapore tours and not sure if we should cancel now or wait and see what happens. We only have a deposit posted and paid for Tauck travel policy and I am unclear what financial penalty we would incur if we cancel on our own. I can't get through to Tauck and realize they have a major problem dealing with the hundreds/thousands of people they now have to contact with the global cancellations yesterday. I would appreciate any input on this. We are uncertain if we still want to go considering potential health issues. we would consider just postponing until 2021, but have nobody to discuss with at Tauck. TIA.

Comments

• Options

I think you might remember that we are also on this tour in October. I doubt it will go. It being Singapore, they are very strict and will probably not want Americans there anyway. There will be no vaccine by then and I doubt not many Americans will have had access to testing.
    I think we will be better off not voluntarily canceling. Our June tour to Croatia, Venice has just been cancelled, so we will get an idea of how things go when they contact us about that.
    The Singapore Bali tour has not been selling well anyway. Tauck called and asked us to change our date to consolidate several months ago before Covid 19 had ever been heard of. I also know of another Tauck regular who had the same thing happen. I’m thinking they will not offer this tour going forward. When traveling opens up again, I think it will be like after 2008 when the number of tours offered were far less and as people had confidence and more savings available for travel, there were more fours offered again. We will be so sad to miss going.

• Options

Thank British; I recall them moving you to October 3 tour. We are on the last one - the 10th. I just would like to know what my options are; just my control-freak nature.

• Options

Go to the main web site for Tauck. From the pull down menu on the upper left, select General Information for the type of your (small ship?) and all the details are there on what the costs are of you cancel. Long story short, unless you are sure you don't won't to take this tour or you know you want to resked for 2021, you are better off waiting to see if Tauck cancels.

• Options

Claudia Sails
    10:28PM

Go to the main web site for Tauck. From the pull down menu on the upper left, select General Information for the type of your (small ship?) and all the details are there on what the costs are of you cancel.

????

Say what, say where?? Pull down menu on the upper left- I don't have one of those. It is at the bottom of the page on the right on my PC.

• Options

Alan, on my Kindle Fire screen there's three green lines under the covid 19 messages and to the left of the word Tauck. If I select it I get a list of tour types and other info to select including General Information. Thanx for providing the alternative route to the info.

• Options
    edited April 2020

Ahhh, Kindle fire. Tauck web pages look different (can be considerably) on different machines- iPad, MAC, phone, Win PC, etc. I didn't even know you could browse on a Kindle- thought it was for reading e-books only. :)

• Options

The Fire tablets are more like ipads - color screen, speakers, camera, etc. Its uses the Fire OS operating system so some apps and web pages work differently on it. Example, I can use the Zoom app on it but the display and options are different than when I zoom on my surface pro or pc. The Kindle ereader only has the epearl screen that looks like a paper book and doesn't have the blue light issues that color tablets do. The smaller Fires (7-8" ) are under $50 and frequently less. Makes a nice travel size that is not so expensive if you lose it.