Options

"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #68

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #63 won by BKMD
Submitted by Smiling Sam. A woman of one of the Karen tribes which reside in both Myanmar and Thailand. Picture was taken in Chiang May, Thailand on the Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand tour.

Round #64 won by AlanS
Submitted by Portolan. Katzenzungen Castle, home of the 350+ year old vine of Versoaln. Versoaln isn’t just Italy’s oldest vine, it is one of the oldest in the world – and the largest in Europe. Located in Tisens, South Tyrol, it is 350 years old, and its branches form a 300-square-meter pergola. It produces a white wine that goes by the same name as the vine, Versoaln.

Round #65 won by BKMD
Submitted by MCD. The Boboli Gardens of Pitti Palace - Florence Italy. The Abundance, 1608 - 1637, by Sebastiano Salvini - Giambologna - Pietro Tacca. White marble with wheat bouquet of bronze.

Round #66 won by AlanS
Submitted by BKMD. A photo taken during the Israel & Jordan tour a short distance from the Movenpick Resort in Jordan of the window of a small shop. The window display featured a female mannequin wearing a “Burkini,” a full body swimsuit which covers all but face, hands, and feet, and is designed to be worn by Islamic women.

Round #67 won by JohnS
Submitted by Sealord. Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain

Round #68 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• Options

Our Tauck trips and trips on our own have taken us through quite a few airports. Some airports not as nice as others. These are facilities at one of airports.
    Name the airport.

• Options

Beijing?

• Options

Here's my pic from Xian airport

• Options

Katmandu

• Options

BKMD, yours looks quite a bit nicer but it is not Beijing. Not Katmandu either. (closer though)

• Options

Here's one in Katmandu. Pretty close likeness.

• Options

How about Chitwan National Park?

• Options

Here's one in Katmandu. Pretty close likeness.

Probably the same plumber. :#

• Options

Bharatput Airport?

• Options

How about Chitwan National Park?

Not an airport but you are getting closer.

• Options

Here's another Katmandu airport restroom

• Options

BKMD is the winner on this one. Spelling is a bit off.
    These facilities were at Bhadrapur Airport (BDP) in Bhadrapur, Mechi, Nepal. Glad that number one was all that was required at the time.

• Options

Meghauli airport

• Options

And I've never been there.

Reminds me of the toilets at Latte Larry's (Curb Your Enthusiasm).

• Options
    edited April 2020

While looking at photos of some of those high-drop "squatty potties" on Google, I could almost smell the stench! :o

The ones in all three photos in this post were much cleaner than many shown!

• Options

My wife said that the ladies facilities were the same as the men's. :s

• Options

You could bring one of these with you, but you have to align yourself just right...

• Options

How about a super loo, this one is the highest toilet in the world. I’ll spare you the shot of me sitting on it!

• Options

British - Is it on the International Space Station? Can’t get higher than that. 😀

• Options

Made me think of my years in Japan. A sailor who worked for me dropped his wallet in a similar toilet (porcelain hole in the floor) at a rest area. For various reasons he HAD to recover it along with his military ID. Got a worker to help. Cleaned it off etc etc. But for the next year when out at a bar with fellow sailors, whenever he went to pull out his wallet to buy a round they all waived him off.

• Options

Guess we've all had to endure the hole in the floor! I (not for the first time) had to use the hole in the floor at the Beijing airport and then learned that they had a whole row of western toilets, too!

• Options

MCD
    7:55PM

Guess we've all had to endure the hole in the floor! I (not for the first time) had to use the hole in the floor at the Beijing airport and then learned that they had a whole row of western toilets, too!

Luckily the ladies on our K&T tour learned that before it was too late at the Tanzania-Kenya border.

• Options

Smiling Sam, highest on planet Earth 😀