2017 Sept 16- Oct 5 Amsterdam to Budapest by Riverboat trip

great trip

Comments

• Cathy and Steve, I was interested to see the photo of your room on the ship, which shop was it? We have only taken one river cruise and we thought we had a fairly basic room but it was much bigger than your photo shares. Our bathroom was much bigger. To compare your photo with the room we had on out two Ponant ships in Panama and Iceland, your photo looks more like rooms we had on those, with a tiny bathroom. If we ever do a Ponant Cruise again, we will pay extra for a suite which I believe is twice the size and has two bathrooms. We now realize you spend so much time on the ship, we think it would be worth it. Cruises are certainly much more expensive than the land tours.

• Great pics.

The Churchill War Rioom pic reminds me of that famous line from Dr. Strangelove: "You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

• Cathy and Steve, your photos really made me want to get "out there" again (but I won't). I've done the Danube from Budapest to Nurnberg and the Rhine from Basel to Cologne, stopping at many of the same stops, (loved the Rudesheimer cafe!), so it really brought back memories.

British, here are photos of my cabin and the bathroom on the MS Grace. It was a category 5. It was extremely roomy for one person, and believe it would be comfortable for 2 people.

• British, I believe the stateroom Cathy had was the old 150 sqft cabins that made up most of the Ruby Deck before Tauck/Scylla redesigned all the older jewel class ships. Basically for every three cabins they converted them into two 225 sqft cabins. Much nicer and what we had on our last two cruises. The small ones were fine for our first cruise - 1 week and very busy daytime schedule. Not so great for longer cruises with more daytime spent abound ship. The trickest part was that all the doors open into the same space so some coordination was required. The category 1 cabins are pretty much all that's left of those older style staterooms.

• Cathy, great photos and write up. We did the same tour the opposite direction last year and loved it.

• MCD That certainly looks more like the cabin we had. We were so relieved it was not as small as the brand new Ponant ship experience when we had to allow extra time in the morning to get ready because the bathroom was so small

• Cathy and Steve, I've taken numerous Tauck river cruises so basically have visited all the places you mentioned and greatly enjoyed the pictures, I agree with you about the dinner at Palais Pallavicini it was a wonderful, unforgettable evening.

• edited August 2020

We were at the Palais Pallavinci two years ago. Cathy and Steve: Did they serve the chocolate dish for dessert? If so, do you remember the name of it?. And how about a picture???

• 2017 trip? For a second there I thought I had been dreaming for a few years, lol.

• It was yummy!

Love your pictures!

• And I learned that I enjoy Gruner Veltliner!

• We did Budapest to Amsterdam river cruise in 2018 and it was by far our favorite Tauck trip. Although the rivers were extremely low that year and we had to change boats twice it was seamless and Tauck gave each of us a voucher for $750 each for a future trip. We wouldn't travel with any other tour company.

• I am not much of a wine drinker. After one glass of the Gruner Veltliner, I was Gone with the Wind!

• Stop it. I am getting woozy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file