Tauck has now cancelled all tours through the end of September

See the Tauck COVID Travel Update. A new release was posted on August 6th. A link to the update is below.

https://tauck.com/travel-updates

Comments

• You must do some serious scrolling to get down to the actual update.

I wonder if the lead time will be longer for December departures, i.e. announce the cancellations in early October for trips thru 31 December?

• I hope they do another update shortly since my Egypt trip's final payment, for our October tour, is due on August 24th. I would like them to do the next cancel update prior to our final payment date.

• I suspect they will. I'm sure they don't want to create extra work for themselves by taking payments and then having to refund them.

• I wonder if they are so busy rebooking people or people making new bookings to get to the cancellations. Sam, will you call them if it gets very near the date? Would you consider cancelling if they can’t give you an answer?

• Sam, will you call them if it gets very near the date? Would you consider cancelling if they can’t give you an answer?

Yes - I will probably call on Friday the 21st if they haven't cancelled the tour by then. They aren't open on the weekends.

• The system seems to be to call those who's tour falls within the next two week period that hasn't been announced as canceled then the website is updated with a new announcement and the dates get removed from availability on the website. So, given the website has been updated for tours thru the end of Sep, next up will be calls to those in the first two weeks of Oct. The earlier your start date the sooner the call.

• edited August 2020

Unfortunately, handling cancellations, etc. is happening all too often/regularly, and likely getting to be routine at Tauck HQ. I'm waiting for more 2022 tour availability announcements. There are slim pickin's for some 2021 departures.

• Sheesh Alan, I'm still trying to figure out 2021.

• We have a final payment due August 20th for a Classic Italy trip commencing October 4th, which, of course, will be cancelled. Haven't heard from Tauck, as yet. If I don't hear by August 17th, I will call Tauck. They could be experiencing power problems related to Tropical Storm Isaiis.

• Most people are working from home, all over the country I think.
    I guess we were lucky to find our October tour was canceled weeks ago.

• Connecticut was very hard hit by the storm. A family member who lives in Glastonbury has been told that she might have her power back by Tuesday (the 11th).

• Yes but some of the Tauck agents live in other parts of the country. No storm. We had the storm bad, but no loss of power, my son loves three miles away and lost power, not for long, His internet was off for about 36 hours,

• The last agent I spoke to lives in North Carolina working from home.

• Like a number of TD's, our last one works as a phone agent when not leading tours- he lives in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.