Canceled

I’ve just noticed that all European tours are now canceled until July 31st. We have had no calls or emails from Tauck about this and yet we are told not to call. I’m kinda Ok with that, but I really think newer Tauck customers will not be happy about how they go about things. We are leaving for a nine day trip next Tuesday. I suppose Tauck will call us then. Well the Scandinavia tour is no longer on our short term agenda, probably just as well, our choices would probably be sold out before we are here to call Tauck back.
It’s a relief. We have already made plans for more tours next year snd can now look forward to our US road trips this year….if there is no gas shortage. Right now, our next Tauck tour is Israel and Jordan, March 2022…..oh boy, do we have a knack at picking conflict places!

Comments

• And to add to the confusion, our tour date on the website does not say canceled, it says limited availability.

• If you are concerned about missing the call from Tauck, you could have your home number forwarded to your cell phone.

• Hi maximgr, thanks for that. I’m not concerned about missing the call, it’s just kinda not good for those who are newer Tauck customers. I’m unlikely to want to talk to Tauck while I am Site seeing somewhere else on vacation. I already have my tours booked for 2022.

• I don't think Tauck is calling people anymore. When our last tour was canceled, we got an email and were told to call them. I would call them at your convenience.

• We got the ‘cancel’ email on Wednesday. There was an option to get the deposit back and leave the insurance in a dream saver wallet. There was no mention of a $250 each incentive, so we decided to get our deposits back as we have done a couple of times. As soon as I said we wanted the deposit back, we were offered the $250 each to keep it with them. It was suggesting we put it towards our next tour, our March Israel and Jordan tour, we declined and said we wanted to put it towards our September 2022 Singapore Bali tour. The agent had to call her manager to confirm that it was Ok. There was no way we were going to add any extra to a tour to Israel right now.
    I’ve decided the luckiest person on the forum is Smiling Sam. Smiling Sam, after Iceland, where are you going? I’m going to book that, you have managed to get away on your picks in the past few months when most of us have been cancelled.

• British - I’ve decided the luckiest person on the forum is Smiling Sam.

I just knocked on wood, hoping you haven't jinxed me or countered my Costa Rican suitcase walk that I did on New Years Eve. I'm still going with the idea that the suitcase walk has given me good 2021 travel vibes. Just need to get past Iceland at the end of June and then no more tours until 2022. By that time we will all be traveling again, perhaps with some restrictions, but I doubt there will be any Covid related cancellations in 2022.

Even AlanS will break his 0 for 5 streak in 2022. Of course he probably has 5 or 6 tours booked/rebooked/... in 2022 so his odds of getting one to actually happen are pretty good. :D

• edited May 2021

Smiling Sam
    10:36AM
    . . . . . Even AlanS will break his 0 for 5 streak in 2022. Of course he probably has 5 or 6 tours booked/rebooked/... in 2022 so his odds of getting one to actually happen are pretty good.

I only wish- we just have 3 for 2022 :D . There are no trips in the queue or even planned past 2022 except for a soft Best of Hawaii (50th anniversary and location of our first honeymoon <3 ) in 2024. I have a long list of potential trips, but haven't sold them to LOML.

How about a pilgrimage to Wilton Woods? :DB)

• AlanS
    How about a pilgrimage to Wilton Woods?

You can go backpacking with your best bud Dan Mahar! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file