Tauck App - email & survey from Tauck

Did anyone else get an email with a survey from Tauck today about the App? Seems they've given up on it for 2021 and want to focus on relaunching and making it better for 2022. Seems a worthwhile endeavor since so many of us have found it marginally helpful. I hope everyone takes the survey and we have a chance to really make it useful.

Comments

• Nothing here

• I got the survey and filled it out. I have yet to be on a tour where the app has been fully utilized. Hopefully that will change.

• I also got the survey and completed it.

• I received the survey this afternoon.

• edited July 2021

I got it and told them, essentially haven't used it- late availability, never up to date especially daily itinerary (if TD event attempts it), maps marginal, "Tauck (Fodor's) Favorites" worthless- how about real TD (and Taucktourian) favorites? availability poor on safari, etc., etc. I offered to work with them off line.

• I never thought the Fodor tour info or restaurants were useful. Agree that TD suggestions would be more useful - restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The sight seeing always had to be researched separately to get key info like opening times, tickets, etc

• I got it and filled it out. I was embarrassed at how many "never used it" I reported!

• Also got it and completely it.

• Still nothing here. Are they trying to tell me something? :)
    Could it be because I use a TA and communications to me don't come directly from Tauck?

• Same here—no survey, use TA

• Yep. I think because you use a TA. So I wonder if that means they do not class you as a direct customer

• I use a TA, but the survey did not come from her. (I'm looking for it, but can't find it now.)

• Also use a TA, got the survey and replied.

• Ok. So I assume Tauck only sent it to a certain percentage of their thousands of customers. It would certainly make it easier to read and tabulate responses. I heard people talk about surveys I never received in the past.

• i book directly and did not get a survey. Been traveling with them since 2006.

• Those who haven't gotten the survey check your spam folder as the actual email came from jXXXXX@tauck.com via research.net .member@outbound.research.net. .

I xxx the full email so the person doesn't get flooded with spam.

• I haven't received a survey and have traveled with them since 2002, although the last trip I took with them was in 2018 and the trip I was to take in 2020 was canceled due to Covid. I don't currently have any trips booked for the future so I assume that is why I haven't received the survey.

• We have traveled with Tauck since 1987 and didn’t get a survey. I guess they feel we are going to be loyal no matter what happens with an APP.

• I imagine the distribution of the survey was completely random and wouldn't read into it anything else. I just hope all who got it responded with some useful suggestions to make it better for all.

• Those who have not loaded the App I assume would not be part of survey. Unclear from responses whether everyone has the App.

• Marketart, I doubt they have it that well coordinated. Who got which emails and when has always been a bit random. We'll go a long time with all emails coming to my acct then suddenly Tauck will send something to my husband.

• Oh, I see. I rarely get emails from Tauck. I Unsubscribed from Marketing a while back, maybe not the best idea. The last message I received, in early June, said my payment was overdue, though due date is next week! I feel for the staff; can't imagine what a time they're having.

• edited July 2021

Choc
    July 11
    We have traveled with Tauck since 1987 and didn’t get a survey. I guess they feel we are going to be loyal no matter what happens with an APP.

That was the pre-smart phone, pre-tablet, pre-Wifi era! Maybe they figured you are too old-school. No cell phone, no tablet, etc. :D:D:D

Since they contracted out the survey, who knows how it was done. One (reasonable?) possibility it that they divided repeat clients into groups by the number of tours completed (since the advent of the app), then made random selections among those groups for a cross-section.

• For those who didn't get the survey but would like to share a suggestion, I did some digging and found this after googling Tauck Travel App. I assume the information is still good. Probably best to email them.

"For questions about installing the app, you can call our dedicated support line at 888-433-0479 or email us at eSupport@tauck.com. "

• Comparing apples to oranges, this year our cash-strapped local school system contracted with a firm out-of-state and mailed a Parent Survey. I discovered several people who received the mailing who don't even have children! Inside each envelope, as a thank you, a crisp $1 bill. I contacted the research firm and was told it was completely random. I've invested my profits..