2021 Tauck Antarctica expedition Dec 5-20

1235»

Comments

• Sorry, one more thing. Did you have enough electical outlets at the Hilton for your devices without bringing adapters?

• Doreen, see you are on the Jan 19th tour. Going with a friend, wife is passing this trip.
    Glenn

• Great photos! My favorite day - December 15. Overall takeaway, the photos from the first few days in Antarctica show, to me, that perhaps humans aren’t meant to be in Antarctica. The rest of the days appeared more human friendly.

Overall great photos and thanks for sharing!

• My biggest question, "How do your pronounce 'ushuaia'? :D Mr. Google says, oo sweye uh :)

• edited December 2021

Cathy, thinks so much for the excellent info. I am coming from NY and plan to wear a winter jacket. Since you mentioned that we don't receive our jackets on board until the second day, it appears I will also wear it on our first day at sea. With the strict 50 Lb airplane luggage requirement, I wil have to pack one winter jacket on the Ushuaia to Buenos Aires flight, which will be heavy. What did must people do who arrived from colder climates?

• Cathy: Just viewed your pictures in the Album you provided a link to. Fabulous photos. Thanks so much for posting and allowing us to travel vicariously along with you and Steve. Your pictures and comments gave a great overview of what to expect on this trip. I got cold just looking at the pictures so Antarctica may not be in the cards for me.

• cathyandsteve,

Thank you, again, for sharing your experiences and photographs. I was wondering if there were any on-board lectures related to global warming and its effect on the environs, especially the wildlife. Is that something you can comment on?

• Thanks Cathy! Get some sleep!!

• Finally I learned how to post photos!

• Cathy - Do you know if the Ponant photo was taken by a handheld camera or some kind of mounted camera with a remote control? It might even be a still extracted from their webcam. It's about the same perspective, perhaps a bit more zoomed.

• Thanks so much for your diligent updates, Cathy! We've been following along to get all your tips and tricks. Hopefully our Antarctic excursion next week is a go!

• toriliz: Which trip are you doing next week?

• Cathy and Steve, we are on the Jan 8 trip so your info has been invaluable. The DDJJ for already sounds dreadful. I am not a real techie
    but will do my best to save everything on phone. We are also to download the CUIDAR app. I have, is it useful?
    Also, I bought some North Face Insulated pants that were pretty pricey. Are they needed? Other option would be the long johns, hiking pants and non insulated rain pants.
    Since we were cancelled last year, I am adopting an attitude of tolerance and flexibility regarding schedule mishaps.
    Again, thank you for taking the time to share your adventure.

• Sealord: we are on the January 2nd trip, so we fly out of Los Angeles on January 1st, and get into Buenos Aires via Houston on the 2nd. Doing everything we can to make sure we're safe and ready to go!

• Well Damos … you win the lottery. It turns out that ‘Rob’ is on the Jan 8 trip, not our Jan 19 trip. I’m sure we will have fine TD’s, but we were looking forward to seeing Rob again.

• Cathyandsteve: I remember there was some issue with the proof of insurance. What did you finally use as proof of insurance? Was it just the insurance form included with the ‘digital green book’?

• Sealord, if you buy the Cruise Protection Insurance (we always do) you are in good shape. Tauck sent us the terms of the policy as well as a cover letter saying we are insured. I had to call as it was a bit hazy if we had to get our own but I give Tauck benefit of the doubt as we are all adapting to new norms. The cover letter came in a separate email, only the policy (without our names, lol) was in the digital packet (which is only 37 short pages😂).

• Thanks Damos. I did look at those 37 pages, but I was expecting something with ‘names’ and ‘policy numbers’, and maybe a QR code.

• Thank you.

• Wonderful photos Cathy!

• Beautiful photos...beautiful couple.

• Tauck is the best. In 2014 our hot air balloon trip in Kenya was aborted due to high winds. Shortly after arrival home a check for $950.
    Our tour directors are Rob, Melisa and Oscar. All are wonderful.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file