Travel Updates and Testing Requirements- Updated January 14, 2022

The latest travel updates and testing requirements were just updated. I haven't been following closely enough to know what has been updated. We need someone to identify any changes.

Comments

• Alan, I looked a couple of days ago and can’t see anything that has changed today.. They may have finally decided it might be a good and customer friendly idea to be better at actively updating the date even if nothing has changed.

• It would be more customer friendly if they inidcated (bold?) what has changed since the last update.

• edited January 2022

Did they mean to say- "Information Current as of January 14, 2022" or "New Information added January 14, 2022?" They could use "bold" or better yet, bold and color to identify the new or changed information,

or even better, use a formatting technique that identifies both the old and new information. It is used by many governmental agencies and called "Line-in/Line-out," e.g.

In this sample from a summary of edits in the Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Joint Staff Correspondence Manual, "obligations" replaces "responsibilities." All Tauck would need to do is add a strike through to the old info and underline the new info.

(the forum Markdown software does not allow underline so I used bold red).

• AlanS - The Website team could use you. You should contact them and say you will work for travel credits! :D

• Alan has worked with them before, they didn’t do anything he suggested, that’s why the website hasn’t improved, The Tauck website is not as good as it used to be. I wouldn’t be looking at it so often if it didn’t have the updates. I used to browse the tours on the old website, it was so much easier to compare or even see tours were available, but not now.

• I agree that the current website is not as user friendly as it was in the past. I’ve been a Tauck traveler for since 2008. I am constantly scrolling and scrolling to read and gather pertinent information. It takes pages abs pages of paper to print information I like in paper form. Just my thoughts.

• Our Travels
    1:17PM
    I agree that the current website is not as user friendly as it was in the past. I’ve been a Tauck traveler since 2008. I am constantly scrolling and scrolling to read and gather pertinent information. It takes pages and pages of paper to print information I like in paper form. Just my thoughts.

I suspect what I don't like is because I usually use a laptop while many of the sites and features these days are designed for a phone or tablet (see my final remark below :D )

I must admit there are some features of the new main website that I really like. Same goes for the forums. I especially like the ability to upload photos (and documents) directly from my computer to a post or PM. I wish there was a simple "quote" feature in both (I use a workaround like I did here to make it look like the old forum software "quote". I really love the PM feature. I just wish it had a "Preview" mode like the forum for those D'Oh! errors. I like the automatic "draft saved" feature. Searches are a bit more complex and confusing, but you can refine a search to look for originator as well as topic.

After scrolling and scrolling the screen always seems to jump back to a previous one or goes to a totally different one. As far as printing info, that is me too. Though often difficult to copy, I usually copy and paste text into an MsWord doc so I can edit and print it. Printing and paper copies remind me of the recent Progressive Insurance TV commercials where people are taking a class to learn how avoid becoming their parents. I would be flunking out!

• Another update posted today, Jan 25.

My April japan land tour now cancelled. Rescheduled (for the 4th time) Apr 2023. On a positive note, prices did not go up.

• BKMD when he first scheduled his Japan tour to his latest attempt at the Japan tour. :D

• BKMD -- Sorry to learn that. I'll be on my 3rd try for "Jerusalem, the Red Sea & Jordan" next March. I've abandoned plans for most of my other trips that were cancelled, but am finding substitutes.

• I've spoken to our ambassador to Japan and he assures me that the change below will be made prior to April 2023.

• Sam, I said LAND tour...

• BKMD - The ambassador didn't settle just for the Shrine welcome, he also insisted on a Tokyo message board welcome.