Any readers on the May 8, 2022 Hawaii tour?

First, aloha, if you are.

Second, on day 10 (May17), we have a free day. I'm hoping to do a guided 5 hour rainforest and waterfall hike (details here: https://www.hikemaui.com/tour/east-maui-waterfalls-rainforest-hike/ ) The tour company requires a minimum of two to do a hotel pickup, otherwise I would need to arrange my own transportation (14 miles, near the airport). I'm doing this tour solo, so looking for others interested in doing this. It was recommeneded to me by fellow forumite, NancyCohen, and has just about all 5 star reviews on tripadvisor.

I already called the hotel, and the concierge said the hotel would not provide the needed transportation, but suggested Uber or taxi if need be.

Anyone else interested?.

Comments

• One more try...

• Can someone please help BKMD out!!

• I wanted to get across the point that with your second post you were really, really pleading for help. 😂

• BKMD, since I keep reading that the Forum represents a small percentage of Tauck travelers, it's not surprising that no one has come forth. You may be stuck waiting until you're on tour; not sure if that will work. I have on occasion received a participant list beforehand from other tour companies. If Tauck were a tiny operation, I'd suggest asking them to inquire for you.

• Giving a list of participants in a tour before it goes is partially a privacy issue. The two other companies I have traveled with do it. On one of their forums, one person found out that other people going on her tour had passed by her house to check it out!

• MarketArt - I'm aware a very small %age of Tauck travelers visit this forum, but figured it was worth a shot. Even if nobody on the tour goes, I have backup options. Thanks for your interest.

British - It could get more nefarious than that. Many years ago, I recall reading about a rash of burglaries tied to wedding announcements in the NY Times. I wouldn't want my travel plans made public.

• I now also instruct Tauck to not publish my city information on their guest list that is distributed at the welcome reception. It's not that I don't trust Tauck guests, but one never knows where those guest lists wind up.

Affirming BKMD's comment, not too long ago I saw on the news that there was an outbreak of home robberies related to obituary notices. The thieves would strike while the family was attending the funeral service.

• Just got confirmation from hikemaui.com for hotel pickup for this free day tour. Must have been Sam's big pic above that attracted attention!

• Some well timed begging can never hurt! :D

• BKMD—fantastic!! You will enjoy this excursion!! 🤞🤞

• Glad it all worked out. Have a wonderful time, BKMD!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file