Options

Misleading Travelport e-mail

Travelport e-mails can display obsolete information!

For an upcoming trip we had Tauck make our flight reservations. Tauck sends us an air itinerary that they generate. Following that, we also get an e-mail from Travelport. Recently we changed seat assignments, Tauck sent a new itinerary, and a few days later we got an e-mail from Travelport. I didn't pay too much attention but my wife was looking on line at the Delta website and our flights had changed. The Travelport e-mail displayed our old flights but when I clicked on the green bar that says "View your itinerary" the new, different, updated itinerary came up. (Flight 3696 shown on the screenprint was replaced by a different flight number, 2 hours earlier.) If we hadn't caught this, we would have shown up at the airport just as our flight left!

Comments

• Options

Yes, you need to regularly check your flights. These days airlines make lots of changes. I occasionally log into my Delta acct to check on our flights, as well as, have it set so they will (at least theoretically) alert me to any changes. Just got one a week ago for flights this fall and expect that's not the last of them.

• Options

yesterday i checked our flight to and from honolulu that we have booked in may and to my surprise there was an equipment change
    so we no longer have our window seats number 3k and 3L window seats in business class which was a 2-1-2 configuration
    we now have seats 1D and 1G center row seats in business class which is a 1-2-1 configuration i hope they are good seats

• Options

Similarly, I just booked my Hawaii flights 2 weeks ago for early May. One of the flights was changed. Fortunately, it was just a minor time change, so no need to do anything further.

• Options
    edited March 2022

bobbon5357: keep in mind that Row 1 prob means no leg rest or storage under seat ahead of you, if these matter to you. Might want to check Seat Guru.

• Options

Claudia Sails—do you recall how you set up your Delta account to send automatic alerts? We can’t find any such setting on the website or in the app. After a two-year travel drought, we sure don’t want to miss a flight. Thanks!

• Options

I have both a Delta Skymiles acct with password and their app on my phone. After you log into your SkyMiles acct, go to the top row of the menu and hover your mouse over "Skymiles". It will give you a bunch of options one of which is "Manage Your Account". In there you can set a bunch of information about yourself like contact information. Where it has my email address it also says I'm "Enrolled in Email Notifications". I assume you can make that change there though it's possible I did it some other way over the years with either the website or the app. In manage your account you can also add passport information and your Known Traveler Number is you've got Global Entry.

It's take me awhile to get used to Delta's website and App. I mostly use the website for making reservations, checking on or changing seat assignments, etc. The app is useful for quick checks of my flights and while we're on travel checking on where our bags are, checking in, etc.

• Options

Claudia Sails—thanks. We’ll give that a try.

• Options

Claudia- same with us. I find the app is only good for checking fights. Another thing, we just got a flight change email, but for the life of me, I can’t find the change- same flight number, times, aircraft, seats, etc. It almost looks like an old alert that was regenerated!

• Options

Talking about flight changes. Our flights associated with the cancelled Russian Glories and Baltic Treasures tour just got cancelled.

I just completed the requests for refunds with American Airlines and Finnair Had to wait until Finnair cancelled the flights through our tour date. Previously they had cancelled flight only through May 28th. Since the airlines cancelled flights a refund was allowed. If I had cancelled prior to the airline cancelling the flights all I could have gotten was a limited time voucher.

The refund for the flights through American can take 1-2 weeks. The seat assignment fees through Finnair can take 3-4 weeks. I'm glad the significantly larger refund, from American, takes the shorter amount of time.

• Options

Although we are thinking of booking flights ourselves for a tour in January next year, we may still use Tauck for this for the time being.
    Sam, let us know if it takes longer than two weeks. We waited five months for a refund early in the Pandemic, bit T was not AA which is the airline we usually use. We were told back then to wait until the airline cancelled.
    I think Tauck may have to foot your bill here through insurance.

• Options

I had a trip cancelled early in the pandemic. I booked my own flights using FF miles (AA) and they were quick to return the miles to my account. There were also some small dollar fees (taxes) that were credited to my CC within a week.

OTOH, I recently booked a trip and Tauck erroneously charged me for insurance, which I never buy. While they charged the full balance immediately (trip is within 60 days), It took 3 phone calls and over 2 weeks to get the credit for the insurance charge.

• Options

I’ve noticed that issue with Travel Port as well. If there are any changes they don’t show up there. I always make sure I have the airline’s app with notifications set up. I’ve never had Tauck book my air but my travel agent uses Travel Port. I find it to be a very fluky app.