Global Entry (ID Card) Travel Question

124»

Comments

• Claudia - Not in your list, but Tucson has been using this approach (no boarding pass scan) for a while.

• edited June 2022

Here's the list of accepted IDs that Claudia made reference to.

They even take VA health identification cards.

• edited June 2022

The technology has been in use in some airports for over two years now. We have used it at LAX and Boston Logan. Perhaps because of the COVID slowdown/shutdown or infrequent flying, some people are unaware.

• I see my home airport on it. Honestly can't remember if it was in use last summer and fall. Post total knee replacement getting thru the screening without getting patted down, transferred to another lane, watching my bags, etc has taken most of my focus. Will pay more attention this year.

• kfnknfzk
    The technology has been in use in some airports for over two years now. We have used it at LAX and Boston Logan. Perhaps because of the COVID slowdown/shutdown or infrequent flying, some people are unaware.

You know, not that I think of it, the few times I've flown out of Boston in the past 2 years, I've not needed a boarding pass at all until I got to the gate. I've kept it handy and open on the phone, but have not needed it at all. Interesting to know why now. And I have to say - bypassing the 1000 people in the delta security line that one time was oh, so, refreshing!

• dogdoctor - You are lucky to fly out of Logan. Even with the much needed added technology at LAX, it is always a nightmare there. Just my opinion.

• Our regional airport in Texas has had this for several months and going through Security is a breeze…

• Just renewed my Global Entry at JFK this week. I had started the application process on line 6 months ago, and was told to complete it on arrival. Immigration was really busy that day, but the officer directed me to the office where I waited 5 minutes. They had all my info in the system. New fingerprints were taken (can they really change in 5 years?)

Worst part? Having my photo taken after traveling for 2 days as a result of the SAS strike!