Tour director- Chris Morrison- Tour 9/21

Any of you had this tour guide? Just got an email from him/her. Our trip begins Sept. 21. Hopefully we will arrive Sept. 19. If any of you are on this trip and would like to do a day trip on Sept 20 or 21st, let me know. I believe arranging the tour is a flat rate. It would be less expensive if another couple or two joined us.

Comments

• What day trip?

• I'm going on the 10/15 departure. Have an extra day in Arusha so hopefully will get an accommodating tour director who will reach out. Would really love to go to the Karen Blixen Museum in Nairobi on last day and wonder if a Tauck guide would be amenable to arranging that or doing it for one or more people. So far, Tauck itself has not been accommodating on that front, perhaps because of liability. Who knows.

• edited August 2022

CaraBethP
    9:08AM in Kenya & Tanzania
    Any of you had this tour guide? Just got an email from him/her. Our trip begins Sept. 21. . . ."

CaraBethP you might want to check out this short post about him from 19 June this year- it pretty much says it it all, but you can PM NancyCohen and probably get more details.

https://forums.tauck.com/discussion/comment/76255/#Comment_76255

I assume you are talking about a trip to Arusha National Park.

• @British i am going to arrange a day trip via kearsley. Another person in this forum spoke abt doing it. I think she is currently on the trip! I have inquired with the hotel and they’ve given me all the contact info.

• @voikk32 you might have better luck inquiring at the hotel. They might be able to hook you up.

• @AlanS thank you for finding that! I have the worse time finding things in this forum. I’ve read every single post. Taken notes on many but then can’t find the original posts! You must have the magic touch!

• edited August 2022

CaraBethP
    10:50AM
    @AlanS thank you for finding that! I have the worse time finding things in this forum. I’ve read every single post. Taken notes on many but then can’t find the original posts! You must have the magic touch!

Nope, just searched using "Chris Morrison." :D:D

Also, see my note in your other thread about the tour of Arusha Nat'l Park. Contact the hotel or Kearsley now. I forgot to mention in my response that this tour usually starts early, just like an on-tour day. Your driver and vehicle may both be working K&T, but not necessarily. Years ago, our Arusha Park guide showed up in a Tauck-branded vehicle. He said he was hoping to be working our tour, but didn't know yet- he, in fact, was one of our great guides. :D

Also, when you call, ask about box lunches- you are gone all day and there is no place to get something to eat.

• The guide that took us for the Arusha Park tour (Godfrey) was a great guide for part of our tour. We got lunch boxes from the hotel and stopped at a picnic site. It was lovely.

• Gladysorlando984, we had Godfrey as our guide today at Arusha NP. He was wonderful. So glad we took this tour rather than just hanging around the hotel for the day.

• Volk32: We had an assistant TD who lived in Nairobi near the Blixen Museum. We asked about going on the last day and he did not recommend it. He said the timing would be tight, and it is not a ‘jump up and down’ experience.

• JanP so glad you enjoyed the tour and again I must say that Godfrey is wonderful, hopefully he'll be a guide for part of your tour.

• edited August 2022

We had Chris Morrison as our Tour Director on the Magic of Morocco tour. He was great.

He kept using the term "wicked" to describe good things, which I found strange. Other than that, he did a great job, above and beyond. Our luggage was lost by the airline and he took responisbility for getting it back to us. This was difficult because we were moving every couple of days. You can see a bit about him, including pictures, on my blog of the Morocco trip - https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2022-1Morocco-01.htm

• MikeHenderson - do you know if Chris is from Boston? We use wicked a lot - for example - " that was a wicked good trip". :-)

• He HAS to be from Boston! Wicked good time!

• edited August 2022

I don't remember where he was from. He didn't have a Boston accent. I'll ask my wife - she talked with him a bit more than me.

He used "wicked" in his original email to us (describing Morocco) and I thought Morocco was a high crime area.

[Update: My wife says he's British. I don't know from what part of England. Ask him about his BCAo (British Citizen's Award) - https://www.britishcitizenawards.co.uk/.]

• Wicked has been used by the younger generation for years. We had a wicked good time in Africa. Never heard of a BCA

• I haven't been a younger generation for years.

• Surprised he didn't use "Brilliant."

I guess he didn't pahk his cah in hahvad yad. :D

• Ok, I’ve researched the BCA. It is a newish (2012) prestigious award. Chris received his in July 2017 for International Achievement. So he must be British.

• Chris Morrison was a fantastic TD for K&T! He was extremely passionate about AFRICA - and he shared his enthusiasm, experiences and knowledge freely. He was very organized! And yes he loved the word ‘wicked’! He truly enhanced K&T!!

• edited August 2022

He founded a children's charity in 1997 by the name of Care Highway International - https://carehighway.org/ I found his business card.

I see him in some of the pictures on the web site, including under "staff". Looks like the charity might be located in Kenya.

• Really! The BCA award is for under 18’s and his was awarded in 2012, does that it wing add up? Unless he was very young.

• edited August 2022

There are two types of BCA: One for adults and one for youth. The youth is BCYA, or BYCA, or somethng like that.

• Just returned from K&T with Chris as our tour guide. He is Irish, not from Boston. Really, really good tour guide. Passionate about Africa, children and all the people and animals. Sorry to say, no migration for us.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file