February 5, 2023 tour

2»

Comments

• Shelley I also attended the show at the Calypso Cabaret, it was fabulous and we surely enjoyed it. BTW I'm from Florida :D

• Shelley Fleet: Thanks so much for all of the information. It sounds like you would definitely recommend this trip, even though you said it was grueling, correct? Of all the extra's that you contracted, is there anything you would NOT recommend? May I "message" you with specific questions?

• MikeHenderson Imfound the Soviet style Jeep tour on line and set it up independently for the morning of the start of the Tauck tour! It was an excellent addition and actually much better(IMHO) than the Tauck tuk tuk ride thru Hanoi’s old town.
    The Junk tour was through Indo China Junk and it was on the 10 rom Dragon Pearl(or Dragon Legend— only one of those has 10,rooms). Rooms were beautiful, food was delicious, and fellow travelers were fun and very kind. Only down side is that they stopped once on the way for a bathroom break which was at a Pearl factory nd another Pearl factory stop the next day on the trip to a fishing village. I wasn’t interested in buying pearls. If I had been I’d probably have been quite happy!![

• Shelley, you can provide your email at your discretion but why not use the PM facility? It means that anyone in the world could read your email address, not just Tauck forum readers but spammers, anybody. You do not need to be a Tauck customer to read these forums.

• GLadysorlando984–yes, the ladyboy cabaret was fascinating. The women were gorgeous. I wanted to take a picture with them after the show but I’d left my baht in the hotel!

This VCT trip is probably the best I’ve ever ytaken with Tauck, certainly on par with their India trip which was amazing and fabulous.

The major downside to the VCT trip was the heat in mid March, uneven walking paths, lack of handrails. I greatly overestimated my abilities because I have no trouble walking 3-4 miles in Florida on flat terrain. Knowing what I know now, I’d still do the trip—it was that great!!!

• British- I didn’t realize anyone could sign on. I don’t know how to take it down!!

• edited April 2023

British! I just figured out how to delete! Color me happy!

• Calypso Caberet highlights:

Also prior to the show, in the same general area, my wife and a fellow traveler tried the skin eating fish tank.

• Nice pictures Sam, I loved that show.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file