Options

We're booked! Christmas Markets Danube - Dec 6-13, 2023 aboard ms Savor

Comments

• Options

@lfc8651 – hello again! Glad to "meet" you on the Tauck Travelers Facebook and on here!
    I will look forward to meeting you in-person onboard the ms Savor!

• Options

My husband and I, along with friends, are also on this tour. We've taken many small ship cruises with Tauck, but this is our first River Cruise!

• Options
    edited August 2023

@DoreenC – we'll look forward to meeting you onboard!

Today's countdown... 100 days until our Christmas Markets on the Danube journey aboard ms Savor begins! Woo hoo!

• Options
    edited August 2023

bobbette - I'm on the cruise the week before you and can't wait! I just pulled out my travel adapters and some travel size containers. Wish I could pack now! :-) I'm in double digits!!

• Options

@Kathy0529 - how exciting! You know it's getting close when you start thinking about packing. ;)

• Options
    edited September 2023

Kathy0529

I missed this the first time- Unless you have a long pre or post stay, Savour is one of 4 Inspire class boats Tauck uses and has plenty US 120 volt outlets. I did a post with locations and photos. https://forums.tauck.com/discussion/comment/84633/#Comment_84633

• Options

Thanks Alan! I hope you are doing well.

I am doing one night in Vienna, but then I am going to Disneyland Paris for 3 nights after the cruise so adapters will be necessary for me to bring.

I believe I saw that post with pics, so thank you for always sharing!

• Options

Alan - thanks for the link to the post w/pics!! I've read that post a few times as I booked a solo trip for the Rhine Christmas Markets in Dec 2024. I'm starting in Dusseldorf and ending in Basel. I copied and pasted some of your comments in a word doc that I will add any other reviews/notes people post for this tour.

• Options

That's great Alan! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Options

Question regarding seating in the ship's dining room, please.

Will there be open-seating OR assigned seating for meals?

We're traveling with another couple and we'd like to sit together.

Thanks!

• Options

Bobbette - it’s open seating.

• Options

Thank you, @mfrancis. I looked on the Tauck website for that but was unable to find the answer.

• Options

bobbette - I rec'd my travel docs via email yesterday for my Nov 29th cruise!!! I can't believe it's finally almost here!! Hopefully you'll receive yours next week!

I already booked the Christmas Markets on the Rhine for next year, Dec 2024! :-)

• Options

@Kathy0529 - Yes! Isn't that exciting?! Congratulations on booking the next one! It's so fun to have a trip to look forward to. Last summer, we sailed on the Rhine & Moselle; it's magical! I'm sure at Christmas it will be spectacular. Good for you!

I received my travel docs from Tauck via email yesterday, too. Happy dance! :)

And, I received the travel docs for my other river cruise this week, as well. I can't believe I'm going on 2 different river cruises - just 39 days until the first one, that departs from Basel on Nov 21. Then, the Tauck one begins in Vienna in 54 days, on Dec 6. I can hardly wait!

• Options

Wow @bobbette! That sounds like you have quite the trips lined up!

Have a great time on both!!!

• Options

Well, thank you, Tauck! We received this today.
    Our first river cruise (with Tauck) begins in 34 days. But, who's counting? ;):)

• Options

@bobbette Ooh, nice! Tauck always treats their guests so well!

• Options

A most gracious touch of class!

• Options

I rec'd the same @bobbette just over a week ago! I can't believe I leave in a few weeks for the Danube cruise!

• Options

Very excited for the cruise coming up soon! My friends and I also received the coin purse and 10 euros, very classy touch. Even though I’ve done this cruise previously and loved it, I keep reading about the markets and look forward to all the shopping (and eating) possibilities. On the previous cruise, I thought I’d skip the Schonbrunn Palace tour because I’d done it before, and shop at their wonderful market instead. Well, I ended up on the tour because it was snowing and so darn cold I couldn’t feel my hands. I shouldn’t have done that because we didn’t have enough time at the market itself. I won’t make that mistake again!

• Options

What a pleasant surprise to receive the embossed, zippered pouch and €10 today in advance of my Yuletide cruise. I have already selected a 'thank you' card. Tauck is truly a phenomenal organization and I am grateful to have the good fortune of traveling with them.

• Options

Dear Tauck,
    If you're trying to make a good impression, it's working.

Only 19 more days until we board the ms Savor for our Christmas Markets on the Danube!!!

• Options

Stunning! Something tells me your first Tauck trip will not be your last one. Have a great time.

• Options

The card says ‘on your first Tauck journey this year’. I think we have taken 3. Wonder if we will get a card. I’m in Africa now but just saw photos of our mail and we have a Tauck calendar there.

• Options

I also took 3 trips this year, so far no cards and no calendar which I always receive but it's still early.

• Options

It's all so random. We've taken 12 Tauck tours and have never gotten a calendar.
    We've taken 5 river cruises and got a wallet with 10Euros last week.
    Our friends going with us (3 people) - only one of them got the wallet w/10 euros. It's a super nice gesture, but so random.

• Options

This will be our first trip with Tauck and so far, I've been impressed with the pre-trip experience.

Several years ago, a friend told me about Tauck. I signed up to receive a catalog and DVD. After watching the DVD we were convinced that we would try Tauck. We were also invited to attend a Tauck Preview at a local country club. Ever since, we have received a Tauck calendar every year, and multiple catalogs throughout the year.

• Options

We received a hamper full of Holiday goodies for being a loyal Tauck customer today.

Whoops, just kidding!

• Options

British -- We received a hamper full of Holiday goodies ...

I heard that every time Tauck sees a snide remark about their 'freebies' they move the person making the snide remark to the bottom of the the 'freebies' list. Just based on your comments in this chain, I doubt you'll ever reach the top of the 'freebie' list.

Just kidding! 😂😂

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file