Options

Israel-Jordan Trip - War Declared - Impact on Trip

Well, we’re on one of a few trips right now in Israel and if you haven’t heard by now, there have been some bombings in Israel, Israel declared war, and it looks like the tour may be interrupted or even cancelled.

In the event of interruption or cancellation, does anyone have any knowledge or information about Tauck:

1. Providing transportation via air? Will Tauck reimburse for previously scheduled flights?

2. Does it matter that some tourists made their own flight arrangements and not via Tauck?

3. Other options or useful information would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options

We’re scheduled to go next week so we’re hoping to hear from Tauck soon. Hope you’re okay and safe.

• Options
    edited October 2023

pwresq: We're going next week as well. Early reports here (AM Eastern time) indicate Israel was caught off guard and. Apparently, in addition to the approximately 2,000 rockets, several dozen militants have infiltrated Israel and they are concerned Hezbollah may attack from the north. To the extent possible, keep us posted on this thread as to how Tauck responds on the tour. Be well, and stay safe.

• Options

I’ll provide updates. I’m really hoping for some more information about evacuation, reimbursements, etc. I have Medjet Horizon. Any help out there from the seasoned, savvy and informed would be great.

• Options

Tauck will give information to your well seasoned and experienced tour guide as to how he or she will instruct you and other Tauck guests how to proceed in a situation like this. Stay well; be safe. Keep us informed.

• Options

Supposed to leave for this tour tomorrow
    Don’t think it’s going to happen

• Options

Please be safe.

• Options

Yup
    Oct 10 Tauck canceled our trip
    Would not have gone anyway

• Options

“ War just SUCKS”. Trips cancelled! Certainly compares to dead & maimed and bombed homes and hospitals.

• Options

My first guess is that any Tauck tours in Israel will be evacuated. Touring in a war zone is not recommended.

• Options

I have a friend who just messaged me. She is currently in a bomb shelter at the airport in Tel Aviv. No flights in or out. No info. She came to visit her daughter and grandchildren who live in Israel. Heartbreaking and very scary.

• Options

Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

• Options

Thinking of everyone, both the locals, soldiers and Tauck travelers.
    In this situation, Tauck has a dedicated jet to bring customers home, but they may have to wait until planes are allowed to land. Unfortunately, they have had to put this plan into action many times.the important thing here is to follow all instructions and try not panic…I know, easier said them done. Also, because it’s Israel, the TD’s have likely had extra training for this very situation because the area is so volatile

• Options

Dear Taxare: thank you for letting us all know that you are ok. We cannot help but put ourselves in your shoes. Prayers for a speedy, safe trip out of there and home.
    MOP

• Options

For those in Israel now, the best and latest news will come from the BBC NEWS website. Biden is apparently due to speak right now, you may be able to see it from that site I’m in Japan, so will be following from here.

• Options

Tauck will certainly reimburse for the non completed part of the tour. For everything else, it could come under force majour. Unfortunately awful as this is for you, my friend would say, it’s a first world problem for people such as us who are fortunate to be able to travel all over the world. The only thought and priority should be to get home and then think about everything else afterwards. That is what we had to do when we were evacuated when Covid shutdown happened. I was very frightened stuck in a small, basic hotel room we could not leave for several days, waiting for news about getting us home.

• Options

taxare: Keep a journal and take pictures. You will have a story to tell your grandchildren.

• Options

British, all Biden did was read what was written on a teleprompter by his handlers and walked off. Didn't even take any questions. A far cry from Winston Churchill.

• Options

Bit different I guess. My husband was in Japan many years ago in the Kobe earthquake and a reporter I knew asked me to get him to fax about what he was seeing. It made the local paper.
    The BBC actively encourage people on the ground to contact them with their observations about what is happening to them, how they feel, what they see. There is a link at the end of every news story, I think phone call or email etc

• Options

Smfxterr was stating facts and a comparison, that’s all.

• Options

kfnknzk, If you read the above posts I didn't bring up Mr. Biden first. Just responded to the suggestion to listen to his so called speech.

• Options

Thanks British. If we had leaders like Mr. Churchill who spoke from the heart and didn't have to read someone else's words, the world would be a safer place and we could enjoy traveling safely and enjoy other cultures.

• Options

I don't think we can compare Churchill to Biden. England was at war and Churchill was the Prime Minister. This past August we visited the Churchill's War Rooms with Tauck. It was very interesting. The U.S. is not at war thank God. All we can do now is pray.

• Options

Noreen I wish I could agree with you. As a young man I got to experience the horrors of war in Vietnam. Our boys may not be directly involved right now but we are fighting proxy wars in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Taiwan will be next.

• Options

pwresq …Thanks for the update and so glad you are safe and making your way home. 🙏

• Options

So glad to hear that plans are made so quickly!

• Options

Amen

• Options

Glad to hear that Tauck travelers will be heading out of Israel and homeward bound.Just concerned about all the innocent people caught in the midst of this war.Prayers for rapid resolution.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file