Options

The 1st 8 Days of the Portrait of India Tour on 1 Nov 23 (New Delhi to Udaipur)

From 1-8 November 2023, for 8 days, I was on Tauck's Portrait of India tour.  The tour invoIved long days, incredible sights, incredible hotels, lots of non-stop action, chaos and color. This tour was unlike any of my 50 previous Tauck tours. I had to withdraw from the tour in Udaipur due to health issues and return home. Possibly as a result of the dust stirred up by the elephant fight behind me on our elephant ride in Jaipur.  I heard the noise and then was surprised when our driver turned my elephant 180 degrees on a dime and charged toward the fight to end it. Each of the hotels on the tour has a seperate 4 minute or so video. Here is the You Tube link to the 24 Minute Tauck Tour Video that captures the spirit of Northern India:
https://youtu.be/5xgZmo0FYO4

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023

imalemon5_ You captured this portion of the trip beautifully. Varanasi was so incredibly special - although I never need to experience that again. I love love love India. My countdown to return is 17 days. I'm so sorry your trip was cut short due to health issues. I hope one day you're able to return to see more of the amazing sights in southern India.

• Options

Only 50? you slacker! :)

A suggestion - if you have any other hotels/days to post about, you don't need to create a new thread for each one. You can post it here, in the original thread.

• Options

Imalemon5: Thank you for your wonderful overview of the first 8 days of Portrait of India. I have always wanted to go to India and although this trip is not on my horizon, this gives me a good idea of what to expect. I appreciate you taking the time to record your experiences. I am so sorry to hear that you had to leave the tour due to health issues and hope that you are feeling much better.

• Options

I had the same local tour guide in Delhi.

• Options

imalemmon5 sorry you had to leave the tour, that's one of my favorites, whatever took you home I hope you are feeling better. Your reports brought back many memories.

• Options

Thank you for sharing your wonderful video preview of Northern India. Very excited to join the December 20 group!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file