Options

What is it?

I have a tour coming up with Tauck in a month or so and received this in the mail yesterday. My problem is I don't know what use it is. Anyone have any idea what this could be used for? There's no long strap so it's not designed to be carried like a handbag. And for toiletries, my regular toiletry case is much better.

The packing cubes I received for an earlier trip were really useful, but this… I just have no idea. They'll probably go in the donation bag.

Comments

• Options

Assuming you have pictured an open and then closed one? Looks like a pathetic toilet bag?

• Options

It's a toiletry bag. I previously posted about it under the heading "New Tauck Freebie." There should be a card inside with this explanation:

• Options
    edited March 24

@British - Yes, it's two units, one open and one closed.

I sometimes wonder who chooses these things. Even without using them yourself, it should be obvious it's not very practical.

Although I already have one, a case that has proved very useful to me is one for my electronic cables, adapters, and small charging units.

Here's one I bought that I use every trip. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QTWJJWN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's that case loaded with stuff I carry. This is for myself and my wife, and includes a backup for most (in case a cable fails during the trip). Before I got this, my cables and chargers were spread all over my luggage.

• Options

The toiletry bag can be used for many purposes--cosmetics, jewelry, first aid kit, school supplies, etcetera. I prefer to accept it for what it is--a very gracious gesture--instead of being critical and wanting something more. There are many charities, senior homes, places of worship, schools, et al who would gladly appreciate them and put to good use.

• Options
    edited March 25

British is right. It's nice when someone wants to give you a gift but if it's something you won't use, all of the manufacturing chain has been a waste - from the effort of the people who designed it, to the workers who made it, including the material it's made from, to the people who delivered it. Then to my efforts to find someone who can use it.

And I don't want anything more from Tauck than the tour I signed up for. I'm surprised that Tauck doesn't have more sense than to send out something that's not of use to most people. It's just a lot of waste.

I'll probably donate mine, but it would have saved a lot if the product had never been manufactured.

[Edited for spelling]

• Options

Last gift I got from Tauck was a 10% off coupon for A&K tours... :D