USA and International Cities Contest

Obtained this from my local paper. How many of these USA and International cities have you visited? The places Virginia Travelers have been to are shown in the photo. Retired military and commercial pilots shouldn't count the cities they have visited while they were working pilots. I'm very curious to see how many Tauckers (if any) have been to them all. Of course Alan can correct the total city count if I've miscounted. Good luck!

Comments

• I'm already flagged !

• Done well on the US....been to all but two (Boise and Sioux Falls) Not so well on the international - only 15.

• So far -- 23 US; 16 international, but many more not on the list. More planned!

• edited June 2021

Me. 24 and 21, my hubby has been to a few more of them.

• 27 U.S and 17 international. More to come.

• VT - If you ever make it to Burlington, you can pay the parking ticket I got 30 years ago and never paid. :)

• 40 US And 37 International…a clever idea, Virginia Travelers!

• edited June 2021

About 24 US - not sure but could have driven thru more. 7 international.

Hwy, flagger, you skipped Nancy. Her feelings are gonna be hurt.

• 32 US and 21 International.

• 31 US, 10 international

• The 'Flagger' must have gotten tired after flagging seven straight posts in this thread. Starting with the Nancy post through BobHamburger no more flags. :)

• Maybe they sleep late on Sunday. That flagging thing can be exhausting.

• An opportunity to be flagged again.
    33 US and 24 international for me.

• edited June 2021

28 US and 24 International for me, unless Burlington, IA counts for Burlington. Lot of US 34, SE Iowa experiences (parents and older brothers born in that area).

Virginia_Travelers - Is your local paper in Virginia? I'm just curious how Burlington, VT made the list of US cities. It's not like the list has at least one city from each state, because some states aren't represented. Maybe you live in New Hampshire. That might explain it. Anyway just an odd thing about the list.

• What about Burlington, NC or Burlington, WA or the Burlingtons in the other 46 states? :D

• US 22 International 26

• Does an airport layover count?

• The rules don’t say, if it’s airports, I m sure I could add a few more

• edited June 2021

Claudia - The Flagger has awoken from their Sunday sleep-in. 😀

AlanS - Each Burlington you call out is probably equally as significant as Burlington, VT. That’s my point. 😀 Perhaps the next ‘contest’ will be How Many Burlington’s Have You Visited! FYI - It is two for me, Iowa and Washington.

• PF606590 - I would say you have to have left the airport for it to count. 😀

• I find it interesting that just about every active forum member has posted to this thread except kfn. Who else was thinking that?

• We are at 25 US and 13 international.

• The flagger makes no impact on the forum, let’s ignore

• edited June 2021

Wow...the response has been incredible! Thanks. I think we can add airport layover cities if you left the airport as suggested so adjust as you feel it is necessary. The cities list was from the Washington Post. I only get the paper for the Sports! Can't figure out how they determined the list. LOL.

So far it looks like Nancy and Cathy M have visited 40 of 42 USA cities and Nancy 37 out of 42 International and they have the lead. That is just amazing! Looking through the responses really shows that we are a well travelled group and that is what makes traveling with Taucketers so much fun!

• Taucketers, is that a Virginia (or Connecticut - home of Tauck) version of Mouseketeer? Or perhaps you’re trying to one up, I think it was AlanS, that coined Taucktourians.

• Smiling Sam - LOL. I couldn't remember Alan's name for us. Will now write it down. Taucktourians it will remain. Scrub all my Taucketers references !

• edited June 2021

AlanS rightly deserves credit for many things. However, it was from one of the local guides in Istanbul where I first heard“Taucktourians Unite!” Edit - didn’t see Alan’s post before I posted mine. At least I remembered correctly.

• I’ve just read the cities list again, just noticed it was a weather forecast chart, hence the strange collection! Didn’t notice that before

• True. You never know what shows up in the Washington Post !