Options

Nairobi traffic

Those of us who tell newbies about how bad the traffic is in Nairobi, here is a good example!

Kenyans stranded overnight in Mombasa Road traffic jam in Nairobi https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-58357186

Comments

• Options

It was incredibly horrendous when we were there- on the way to the airport there was a traffic circle with four “lanes” of cars trying to get into two lanes of each of the four roads entering the circle! Everyone ignored the traffic lights they installed several years prior. At least everyone was going around the circle in the correct direction and the small groups of cattle seen along the roadways were generally kept off out of traffic. (It would be funny if not all true.)😧

• Options

Not only is the Nairobi traffic horrendous the threat level always seems to be higher in Nairobi than anywhere else in the region. We were discouraged from even leaving the airport. It seems like Tauck would find an alternate, since no actual touring actually takes place in Nairobi.

• Options

I guess it would be more expensive and take longer to do a round trip back to Arusha. I much prefer Tanzania and would skip Kenya which is why we have taken the Tanzania Zanzibar too. Kenya just do a bigger job in promoting tourism.

• Options

British - I thought your picture looked like 202 outside of KoF mall :)

• Options

Just returned from Nairobi a week ago. I guess we were very lucky because the traffic was usual city traffic (without lanes to drive in of course). We were told it would take an hour to go from the small Wilson Airport to our hotel and it took 20 minutes. To the airport, it took about 30-40 minutes with no stoppage for traffic, just traffic light stoppage. There was a LOT of road construction evident, so perhaps the traffic may be moving better than in years' past,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file