Options

4th Covid Vaccine/Booster?

Just saw that Israel is starting clinical trials on a 4th vaccine/booster shot on medical workers that received their previous booster prior to August 20th.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this come to the US sometime in the Spring, especially is Covid infection rates stay up.

Comments

• Options

The website that tracks our healthcare visits/immunizations/etc already lists our eligibility date for a fourth Covid shot - so think our doctors are anticipating that as well.

• Options

By the time we're eligible, there may be a booster available that's more tuned to Omicron.

• Options

There will probably be a different dominant variant by then in this country, the more times the virus passes from person to person, the more chance it has to mutate

• Options

I think it will become like the annual flu shot - tweaked each year based on what they think will be the dominant strain. Sadly I know someone who is holding out getting a vaccine because they believe they'll just wait until there is just a single shot and never have to take another. Same person doesn't get their annual flu shot either convinced it does no good.

• Options

Like Noreen said, I’ll do whatever it takes and follow any requirements to be able to travel again. Best of Hawaii is coming up in February.

• Options

The fourth shots are definitely on the horizon. My partner is an ICU doctor and they started getting their boosters in July/August, so they're getting close to needing the next round. Fingers crossed we get to a place where we can treat COVID like the flu! Thanks to everyone here for getting boosted and vaxxed when able!

• Options

I want to get it to the point where we treat it like childhood diseases- one vaccination (or pill?) when you are little and you are good for the rest of your live! :D

• Options

AlanS - Same for diabetes, cancer, arthritis, etc. 😀

• Options

Amen!