Options

Laundry

We're finally taking our Blue Danube cruise this spring. On another Tauck tour (2018) our hotel arranged for our laundry to be taken to a wash and fold and returned. Earlier we were able to take the laundry to an in town wash and fold which returned the clothes to our hotel.
Obviously, a cruise is a different thing. Does anyone know if one can arrange for laundry to be received in Vienna (day 5) and returned to the ship prior to departure on day 6 (westbound)?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022

All river boats have laundry capabilities and a turn-around-time of usually less than 24 hours. I have only used this service once and for only two items. They were picked up at lunch time and returned that same day after supper.

• Options

Muleman68, as kf said, the laundry facilities are on board the ship. I used it twice on the Rhine back in 2015 (6 euros then for 1 pair of denim slacks). Both times I left the pants in the laundry bag in my room in the morning before that day's excursion and they were back hanging on my closet door the next day. If you need it back sooner you might want to talk to the front desk and ask if they can make it happen - most likely yes.

• Options

Thanks to both of you for the information!

• Options

Muleman68,

Have a great trip and please post a review!

• Options

The laundry is done on board..... They attach the clothes on a fishing rod and hand them from rear deck. - the water does the washer effect. :))
    Just joking.

• Options

Laundry aboard a Tauck riverboat is pricey, yet, invaluable on extended vacations. I look at the expense as part of my travel expenses.

• Options
    edited August 2022

mil
    February 18
    The laundry is done on board..... They attach the clothes on a fishing rod and hang them from rear deck. - the water does the washer effect. :))

They used a strong rope instead of a fishing rod, but believe it or not, not all that many years ago, Navy sailors would do that! 😁

• Options
    edited August 2022

Yes, we did something similar on our sailing trips, especially swimsuits

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file