K & T on 10/8/22

Looking for other travelers on the Classic Safari departing on Oct. 8th.

Comments

• I'll let you know how it goes! We leave mid-September

• AHi Jo, my husband and I, along with another couple, and a single friend are all going to be on the October 8th trip. We are so excited! It is the first for all of us, except for our single, very fun friend Cathy, who travels extensively. We are counting down the days, and can hardly wait. I have friends who were on this same trip about four years ago, and they said it was the best trip of their lives. They too, are frequent travelers

• We were originally scheduled to go on this trip October 2020. I was beginning to think it would never happen! This is my bucket list trip (my husband not so much) and I'm looking forward to having a great time.

• Jo, we were originally scheduled for August 2020. We are finally on K/T now—it is fantastic. Surpasses every expectation. It wasn’t on my husband’s bucket list either, and he’s enjoying it as much as me. You will love it!

• We still haven't received our visas for Tanzania. I applied for mine directly and it comes up "no application found" when I check on the status. Did anyone else have this happen? My husband applied through Visa Central and didn't get his either.

• Jo, my husband and I are on that trip - looking forward to meeting you all - we have received both our Kenya and Tanzania visas, our AAA TA helped us with them. Good luck

• Looking forward to meeting you too, if they let us in! LOL

• I understand the groups are about 30 people. Is that about how many have been on the K & T recently?

• I believe K&T trips are limited to 24 people, driven by having 4 safari vehicles with 6 guests per vehicle. At least that's what it was it 2015 when we did it.

I'm sure more recent travelers will weigh in to say if that is still the case.

• The website says limited to 30 guests. I don’t remember how many on my tour.

• We had 30 when we went in September 2018

• We had 24 on our recent K/T.

• Smiling Sam
    8:52AM
    I believe K&T trips are limited to 24 people,

We went in June 2015- 30 people max- 5 vehicles, 6 per :D

• In July we had 24 on tour, with 5 vehicles. For some excursions, we had fewer vehicles depending on how many stayed back. Normally we would have had 4 vehicles for 24 as we understood it, but the Kearsley drivers were not fully employed since full tourism levels had not yet returned and they wanted to spread the work, even if it was less pay for each for the week than usual. Our tour group overall found the Kearsley team in Tanzania to be excellent and hard-working, and in recognition of that a special tipping initiative took place to recognize their excellence, efforts and work for less than the norm.

• AlanS
    8:34AM
    We went in June 2015- 30 people max- 5 vehicles, 6 per :disappointed:

Maybe ours wasn't sold out. As you can see in our group photo we had only 24. The front row in the photo are our 4 safari vehicle drivers and our Tour Director Seth.

• Nice, Sam. I really miss the group photos.

• edited September 2022

Our TD on our just finished tour must have taken about 6 group photos and sent them to us all!

• We had one group picture with a Komodo Dragon.

• Smiling Sam
    September 26
    . . . .The front row in the photo are our 4 safari vehicle drivers and our Tour Director Seth.

The driver/guide at the far right is "Festo", shown here in 2015 also, at the entrance to Ngorongoro. Next to him in the sunglasses is Julius who was also our guide for the pre-tour visit to Arusha Nat'l park.

• All set with the visas. Now, did anyone do the K&T without a QR code and just the vax card?

• I believe we needed and , were checked, for the QR code in August. Such a pain!

• Jo_the1: Were you not having trouble getting the visas. How did you work that out?

• If you go to Tauck’s info on the Getdoc app getting a QR code is quite simple.

• I did get my visa, thank you! There was a typo on my application so I couldn't access it. Once I saw that I was able to find my visa. (User error, yikes!)

• Got the QR code too.

• We're back from our safari and I have to say that it was the most incredible experience of my life! Every day had something new and amazing happen. Even the balloon ride (which I was nervous about) was perfect - including the landing. It was a great group of people and an awesome tour director, Chris.

• You are now on the Africa ‘hook’. It’s time to plan your next trip.

• Jo the1 Glad you had an amazing experience, I loved that tour also.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file