Options

CDC changes COVID guidance

edited August 2022 in General

According to the Washington Post, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday loosened many of its recommendations for battling the coronavirus, a strategic shift that puts more of the onus on individuals, rather than on schools, businesses and other institutions, to limit viral spread.

That is fine for everyone, except for travelers on tours that deny boarding or boot you off if you test positive.

Comments

• Options

And this is mew too. See,s as if we now have to fill our suitcase with test kits 😂😂

https://my.xfinity.com/articles/news-health/20220811/US-MED--Virus-Outbreak-Testing-16bf

• Options

It's likely that some businesses, schools, etc will change some policies. Our local university requires weekly testing at your own expense of non-vaccinated students and I know at least 2 who will be happy with that going away.

• Options
    edited August 2022

CathyandSteve
    5:15
    I have received several e mails that most cruise lines have done away with testing AND required vaccination. No masking, no testing, no vaccines required. Travel is open for all travelers.

Until you exhibit symptoms and test positive. 🤒

• Options

Cruise ships have always been breeding ground for diseases (and crime, too). They just do their best to keep it quiet.

• Options

People on our cruise, three of them had symptoms which is why they had to test. Then two more.
    Has Princess suddenly stopped pre embarkation testing on it’s Alaska cruises?
    On the land part of the tour, some were symptomatic too.
    Like you have said Cathy, it’s up to each person to do whatever they want to protect themselves with no judgement from others.

• Options
    edited August 2022

You all are missing the point. If potentially infected people are allowed on a land or sea tour, without testing, but subsequently display symptoms, mild or severe and then are tested or not, then they should be allowed to continue if they want and so should I!

The only people who should be removed are those who request to be removed from the incubator, those who become dangerously Ill and require treatment beyond what is immediately available, or those who have life threatening co-morbidities and request to be removed just in case. Yes? No?

• Options

Yes. I totally agree with you Alan. I thought today's revisions were real progress and good news. I think Tauck will continue to loosen their requirements as time goes on.

• Options

they can loosen evething they want... I'll wear my mask around others... keep my distance as possible and bath myself in sanitizer... I'm not paying all this money to see the walls of the room. :)

• Options

Tauck loosened their requirement months ago, the only thing left for them to do now is to say you don’t need to be vaccinated
    What has made the Alaska tour a disaster is Princess requiring testing and that just proved how many people begin a Tauck tour infected with Covid.

• Options

Maybe it's time to admit that it has lessened to a bad cold--sometimes not even that-- and move on.

• Options

If you want to wear a mask then wear it, if you don't want to, and it's NOT REQUIRED, then don't. Simple as that

• Options

Yes, you pick what to do and accept the consequences

• Options
    edited August 2022

Yes Cathy, you are so spot on. For me, I know I’m doing the best for me, if I get Covid then I will have no regrets in thinking if only I had worn a mask at the airport, on the plane, walking in crowds etc. I would be wondering if that may have made the difference for me. The last place I want to get Covid is on an expensive vacation I’ve been looking forward to for Months/years and never have the time to do it again because I didn’t feel completely well. It’s a no brainer for me. You also have to consider which country you are in and rules if you are found to be positive there. I’ve seen the consequences of that recently in Canada and all the hassles the positive people had trying to find hotel rooms, change flights, rent cars and break quarantine risking big fines. Not an adventure I want.

• Options

Sadly, it seems this is the way it's going to be, maybe forever. We will be faced with the "to wear a mask or to not wear a mask" when it comes to traveling in particular for an indefinite period of time. While I no longer fear covid, and don't wear them on a daily basis (only when an establishment prefers I do), the potential issues with vacationus interruptus are my fear. We are doing the Canada Capitals tour in a few weeks...we will be careful for the week prior due to Canada's relatively strict policies, but once we are there, I won't be too concerned. I'll be curious to see what will be the attitude of others on our small group tour.

• Options

I guess I’m not being very clear (not unusual).

To refine my thoughts- if Tauck, trains, boats, and planes, and gov’ts (foreign and domestic) allow people to travel who have not been tested nor shown proof of COVID vax AND boosters, and not require everyone to wear masks, then in my mind, it should be illegal for any of them to boot be from a trip if I test positive or display symptoms. It is just not fair.

• Options

Yes, but I signed it, Phileas Fogg, not my real name! 😈

• Options

I will sign my a scobby dooo

• Options

Ok, I have a great idea for mine!

• Options

British
    5:07AM
    Ok, I have a great idea for mine!

Oooh, oooh, we could both use “Flag Magnet” 😀😀😀😀