Options

AON insurance

My husband and I paid the AON insurance premium for a trip that we had to cancel. I had contracted COVID. I have sent a copy of the Florida Board of Health attesting to the fact that I had a positive PCR test. It has been over two months and many, many phone calls and we have not received the refund that we are due. I would not use this insurance. They are a fraud. I intend to post this message daily so that others are made aware of this. I do not wish this information to fall to the bottom of the posted comments where it will lose the attention it should be given.

Comments

• Options

You can post everyday if you want but I don't think it will accomplish much. There are plenty of people here who have filed claims with them this year and been reimbursed. Are you aware that Aon has been processing loads of claims this year and like most businesses are likely short staffed? Fyi, Tauck management doesn't really monitor this forum so I don't know who's attention you're hoping to attract.

Did you info Tauck you were canceling? What did they say or do? Did you submit all required forms to Aon? What have you been told in your many, many phone calls?

• Options

I took a trip 3 months ago and still have not heard from them. I received a few emails explaining how backed up they are and I understand that. I know I will get my reimbursement and I am choosing my battles at this point in my life. This one isn’t one of them.

• Options

Pre-Covid we had reasonable turnaround at AON. We have a claim in now and know it will be several months or more before we hear anything.

• Options

We submitted trip interruption due to leaving the tour after contracting covid. I contacted AON a few times and they did say they were very backed up and it could take 90 days. Tauck said they were expediting claims to AON upper management. Happy to say we received our checks today, took about 9 weeks.

• Options

We are also having a great deal of trouble with our AON claim from an April 2022 trip on the Danube. My husband contracted Covid in Budapest and we missed three days of the tour and had to pay for extra rooms in the hotel plus additional airfare. Initially they held up the claim as I had submitted medical, which apparently had to go to our medical insurance. I've asked them to take the medical off and just process the other. I keep getting letters from them telling us they are closing down the claim. It's been five months and still no resolution. I think I will follow what some others have done and expedite it to Tauck.

• Options

I filed claimed that AON Confirmed they received on June 16, 2022. I recently too contacted AON on status and they confirmed my claim had been received but due to the high amount of claims that had been received they, they were experiencing delays in processing claims in a timely manner.

• Options

We had Covid in Portugal and filed the trip interruption form. It took us about 4 months to get our claim reimbursement settled. We sent out the claim in early May and finally got it a couple of weeks ago. I actually called Tauck and the Tauck rep sent an email to AON and the next day I called AON and they said my claim was just settled and they would send a check. We then waited another month and the check arrived several weeks ago. It was very frustrating, but we did get it!

• Options

We are also waiting on an AON claim since July 20. The frustrating part for me is that I can’t get anyone to even tell me where the claim is in the system. It’s always “give us another 30 days”. They won’t give me status via email, say I need to call. When I call, they just say give us more time. I get that Covid has disrupted everything but this is ridiculous. The insurance isn’t cheap and we should at least get updates about our claim. End of rant😔. I will email Tauck guest relations and see if that helps.

• Options

You can look at the status of your claim at aontravelclaims.com and putting in your claim number. I just did that a few minutes ago. I filed a claim on July 22 and it sure had taken a while. I have also emailed them. Frustrating.

• Options

There has been a lot of negative press on AON. My recent experience. 9/27 claim submitted for delay through Amsterdam on return from Africa trip. Check on my desk for full claimed amount on 10/24. Seems a pretty good response in my case. Other experiences may differ.

• Options

We too are having a terrible time with AON. Right now I am trying to find an email or phone number to follow up on my claim. My husband tested positive the last day of our trip and was required to stay an extra 6 days in Vienna. I submitted our claim, was told standard turnaround was four weeks. At four weeks I received an email stating that they were backed up. Three months have gone by and I have heard nothing….

• Options

I contact them via e-mail regularly, and I receive the same form letter back. It had been since July.

• Options

I called Tauck and had them contact AON and it seemed to speed things up a bit. It took months to get resolved.

• Options

Guess I need to get a number and stand in a long line too! Totally frustrated with AON reimbursing me for what should have been an easy situation. I only claimed airfare for a cancelled river cruise leaving from Amsterdam due to low water levels. They need to be investigated. My next trip with Tauck is in January to OZ/NZ and I am seriously considering buying a travel policy separate from the crappy AON policy that Tauck sells.

• Options

That might be a brilliant decision. As mentioned, I’m still waiting since the beginning of July.

• Options

Jill Boyle … I purchased a yearly policy from Allianz which I’m treating as an “umbrella” policy over AON and the travel insurance from my CSR credit card. It’s very reasonable.

• Options

We have three separate claims in for one trip in August. Trip delay, baggage delay and trip interruption. On their website it continues to say "assigned" which is step 2 of 4. We'll be luck to get it resolved this year and they were submitted two months ago. Yikes!

• Options
    edited October 2022

Finally had a update after 4 months. They requested copies of our Covid test. When we first filed our case back in June 2022,
    we submitted all our supporting paperwork, including copies of all our Covid tests! No further updates have been received.

• Options

Thank you mfrancis. I will look into that but even with using ff miles for this trip the cost as a solo traveler may make the insurance cost high but at this point I may not have a choice. Tauck needs to either stop using AON, find a different travel insurance company or simply not offer any options for travel insurance and inform guests they need to get their own policy.

• Options

You can buy any insurance you want, you do NOT have to use Tauck’s insurance! Now we have taken a couple of tours with other companies and when traveling independently, you will probably discover like we have that the insurance Tauck uses is very reasonably priced and includes more. There have only been problems since the Pandemic and it’s the same with all the other companies….people keep getting Covid, they keep claiming.

• Options

We used Nomad insurance and Safety Wing on occasion. Very reasonable; but I never had to file a claim with them either.

• Options

We had only one claim to AON pre covid. It took a month or two. Tauck paid their part immediately. Everything was paid in full. I’ve not seen a claim here from anyone who was not paid, except for the person who refused to comply with AON’s requirements. There are lots of claims, and that takes some time. There are few testing requirements now in most places. It is often your choice to create a ‘quarantine’ situation. If you choose to do so, you may have to be patient to get compensation. The Tauck AON insurance is better than all others I have used. It is close to a ‘cancel for any reason’ policy, that with most companies would cost you fifty percent of the cost of the trip.

• Options
    edited October 2022

I think this thread is long overdue to be dog food! :D

• Options

@AlanS...You can have the dog food as we patiently wait to get several thousand bucks back from AON.

• Options

Not going to hold my breath, but I just got an email from AON saying they'll be mailing a check within 2 days for a claim we filed in early July for delayed luggage.

• Options

I’m right behind you for a claim I submitted the middle of July.

• Options

Looks like the mystery flagger has crawled out of its hole.

• Options

The flagger is no mystery

• Options

Making progress. AON asked for copies of the same receipts which we uploaded to them 60 days ago. The claims have finally made it to a human review.