Options

kingdoms & Dragons- Bali - Singapore

Comments

• Options

But seriously, no, I have not received any “special deliveries” for this trip. I’ll let you know if I do! If so, hopefully they are lightweight! 😉

• Options
    edited August 2023

Ok buonviaggio, just another caution about Deet. Do not put it on skin that is covered by clothing. When putting it on your face, don’t spray it on, spray it on your hands and then rub it on your face avoiding eyes mouth and near your nose, then wash your hands thoroughly. It is very toxic. Under clothing, the skin absorbs too much of it instead of being more topical. Never spray it in an enclosed space with others like the tour bus! Wear long sleeve and long leg clothing in malarial areas.
    Here Endeth the lesson! 😃

• Options
    milmil
    edited August 2023

I use that brand - Deet spray, and it is excellent- nice to know about not spraying under the clothes..., British.
    I spray all over beside my face about 10 min. before I get dress and do watch my hands...:) nothing on my face besides lipstick!
    If I'm in a safari I go outside the tent to spray it on me. Uhm, this is starting to sound like a sexy novel...:) sad thing it's Deet.
    But anyways the marbles it's to give a way to village kids, I also take some coloring books and crayons, it is fun to see their happy faces.
    I hope... after what I just paid, I get something-!

:)

• Options

Mil it will be interesting to see if I get a couple of packing cubes just before we go on our family safari next year which will cost us about $100,000 of hard saved money for that special anniversary trip. 😂😂😂😂

• Options

British - You have Tauck swimsuit model fame, you don’t need any packing cubes!! 😂😂

• Options

Yes, a few swimsuits hardly take up any room!

• Options

Thanks for the DEET/mosquito prevention tips, British! You know, I have never put bug spray on my face but considering I recently got a mosquito bite on my face, I really should do that.

Mil- that’s a sweet idea to bring some items to the children in the village. I could probably snag some (lightweight 😬) giveaways from work to bring to them. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Options

On this particularly journey, it might be advisable to check with the TD before handing out anything to the children to see it is appropriate.

• Options

Good point, British.

• Options

TD has no saying... if you feel generous to bring a little something for the kids.- , especially (if the TD) it's unable to control it's own group.. Maybe instead of given it to the kids directly if more than 1 and not enough goodies, you can give them to the tour guide for it to give to someone in charge at the village. My thought.

• Options

When we went to Africa a long time ago, I brought pencils, crayons, markers for children when we visited a school in Kenya. I was told to give the gift directly to the teacher who will then at her discretion pass them out to the children. I told the TD first that I would line to offer a gift. It was very appreciated.

• Options

OurTravels34 Hi.
    Yes, it is common to bring school supplies to Africa, not sure if they are still doing the visits to the schools.
    in Vietnam they used to do the same. I love it.

• Options

Hi, mil!

Question for you…..Regarding the night boat ride in Singapore - is there a certain company you are using for that, and did you buy your tickets direct from them?

Thanks in advance!

• Options
    milmil
    edited August 2023

buonviaggio, Hi dear.

Yes, I bought my tickets with GET YOUR GUIDE. They do have an open schedule so there isn't a reserved time- just get there about 1/2 to an hour earlier and get online.

https://www.getyourguide.com/singapore-river-l20475/singapore-river-cruise-e-ticket-t150095/

Singapore: Singapore River Cruise
    40 minutes
    Meet at 30 Merchant Rd, Singapore
    Opening/operating hours:
    10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
    Cancel before 10:00 AM on October 14 for a full refund

You can reserve now & pay later with this activity option.
    Price breakdown
    Adult1 × US$ 19.39
    US$ 19.39
    Total price
    US$ 19.39
    All taxes and fees included.

Also, I would recommend getting the GRAB appt. and install it in your phone- better & faster than a Taxi- it's the Indonesian equivalent to Uber. The cost for must distances from hotel to any destination it's around4-5 US dollars. They do not take CC#- only debit, as you set up your payment method. GRAB also available in Bali.

buonviaggio, could you kindly save the daily activity pages, so you could share once you're back. I'm mostly interested in seeing if they are honoring the changes done in Ubud- Basically, the Monkey Forest. from day 7th to day 8th.
    Also, and this is my last request :) Please let me know if the group it's allowed to go up to the top of the Borobudur temple- now open again to the public.

Thanks in advance. :)

• Options

GRAB rides we were told are not always reliable. We were told that when we went to the Botanic gardens and it turned out to be true, they don’t want to go that far. In the end, we grabbed a taxi that had just dropped someone off.

• Options

Thanks for the info, mil! Sure, I will let you know about the Monkey Forest, but what changes on that bit did you see? The itinerary I received says we will visit the Monkey Forest on Day 7. I’ll hold onto our activity sheets for you, too. 😊

British - Thanks for the heads up on GRAB. Good to know!

• Options

Also, British - How much time would you recommend we allow to visit the Botanic Gardens, including the commute?

• Options

Gosh, can’t remember, maybe two hours to walk round and then we had lunch there. There is a huge gift shop too. You need to get there early because of the heat and humidity.

• Options
    milmil
    edited August 2023

Uber it's not always reliable either, just saying......, Feel free to use what's convenient for you, I'm just giving out the info. I've gotten from the Singapore website. Good luck!

• Options

__buonviaggio Yes, the itinerary says Monkey Forrest on arrival, Day 7th , But Tauck has the current updated sheet with all the changes and that's the only one so far.

• Options

Mil - The only updated info we’ve received so far is that our passports have to have three (instead of two) blank pages for visas and two of the pages must be side by side.

• Options

buonviaggio hello, Happy Monday!

We are cover with smoke (Spokane fires) here in Wa. smell delicious but it is horrible for your eyes and the forest... Sad.

Okay, so the updates are internal info.- the call center reps, do get a current itinerary- highlighting all the changes in activities, so far only the Monkey F. has change. -

also, I was going to ask you, do you know about the SG arrival card & health declaration? - here it's the website if you need it.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-depart/entering-singapore/sg-arrival-card

Hope it helps.
    Mil.

• Options

Mil - I seem not to be able to send you a PM ( I hope it isn't personal... :) I so loved the travel log you did in Africa last year. I have my fingers crossed that you are going to do one on this tour!

• Options
    milmil
    edited August 2023

MotherOfPoodles - NO! not personal at all with anyone but 1! :) and she knows....
    Check again .

• Options
    edited August 2023

Hi, mil! Sorry to hear about the smoke in your area. I hope it subsides soon!

Do you know why they changed the date of the Monkey Forest? Well, as long as we are still going! I love monkeys. 🙈 🙉 🙊

Yes, I did see on the packet from Tauck that we need to complete the immigration form within two days of arriving? Thanks for sending the link!

Thanks again for all of the tips!

• Options

buonviaggio
    Hi, good morning.
    The fires are still going, but the smoke it's not so bad, change of wind direction...
    Tauck change the Monkey F. because it was on Ubud arrival day and timing was too tight, flights can be delay etc.. and I imagine people complaining of being exhausted and wanting to go straight to the hotel.
    I think it is a better schedule, it makes it a full day of activities with better timing. I will skip day 8th- the Valley visit & the temple blessing , doing something else on my own. (I Scheduled with the Hotel.)
    Glad to help, feel free to ask anytime.
    Have a great day.
    Mil

• Options
    edited August 2023

Mil, maybe Gladysorlano can recall here, but I think day 8 is when we were in the vintage cars, driving through the traffic like famous movies stars. It was so fun and not mentioned on the itinerary because none of us knew, it was a surprise, we were told to come and meet the bus, but it was the cars. I think I posted photos somewhere on the forum.
    I didn’t do a big diary for this but just scrolled my pics on my iPad and can see the cars with rice fields following them, I also my google photo ID says Taman, Bali. So that might be where the rice field was that you have been trying to find the name of. Sorry I never noticed before this.

• Options

British, I will also drive one of the convertible's Vintage cars .. with the " CAN YOU KEEP THE SECRET" Four Seasons tour. + I added two more activities and also water rafting on Day 8th. I'll be out and around from 8:00- 5:00pm
    If any questions about the change, please call Tauck and confirm.

• Options

The ride in the VMW convertibles was a lot of fun, I don't remember the name of the rice paddy.