Options

cabin

The only cabin available on Diamond deck is on the aft side next to Arthurs. Will this be a problem noise-wise, etc? I need to give deposit today and not sure.

Comments

• Options

I have never stayed that close to Arthur's, but I think you will be just fine. When I have eaten there, I never experienced loud, unruly guests. Besides, the comfort of your cabin will certainly outweigh any possible minor inconveniences.

• Options

Some who have contributed here have said it wasn't a problem. I generally wouldn't prefer those cabins because being at the aft end of the ship means you have to travel the length of the ship for everything else except Arthur's which is handy for early morning coffee/continental breakfast. If you like getting lots of steps that's a good location.

We prefer the Ruby Deck in a cabin about mid-ship.

• Options

I don't think being close to Arthurs will be an issue. We have a river cruise with Tauck in the late fall and the only cabin available on the Diamond deck is next to Arthurs. Having been on other Tauck river cruises, we have noticed Arthurs rarely has a crowd eating there and is usually quiet and closed at night.
    As for walking the length of the ship, compared to an ocean cruise the distance is really short. We were on the Norwegian Pearl last month in the forward Haven Owners suite, I must say I got double my steps in for each day.

• Options

April1954 - I have stayed in that cabin, never had a problem.

• Options

On our next river cruise I intentionally booked the room next to Arthurs. You have your own kitchen and bar right outside the door and an additional bathroom. We have done several river cruises, and the noise comes from outside not inside. Transiting the locks is quite noisy, the ship is not.

• Options

It is quiet- unlike a stateroom on the 03 level below Cat 1! :D:D:D

• Options

That is hilarious about your own kitchen, own bar and your own bathroom. Good planning. I’m not on a Tauck tour currently and I’m boarding The Rocky Mountaineer Train today. Planned the trip on my own to Lake Louise.

• Options

We always get Category 7 on Tauck river cruises. It is very comfortable and worth the extra money. Also, you can walk to Arthur's in a few seconds to get a coffee or wine and take it back to your cabin.

• Options
    edited May 10

I agree with you, Noreen. We frequently enjoy a glass of wine in the privacy of our room as we get ready for the evening meal. Although we enjoy the lounge, there are times we prefer our own company. We all have different traveling styles and personal preferences. And we always book early so we can secure "our" room. We've only been on five (5) river cruises but always stay in room 308.

• Options

There is something for everyone. We are the opposite. We are rarely in the room except to sleep or change clothes. I know many people spend more time in their rooms cuz the public spaces are often vacant in the daytime. I enjoy the public areas on the boat. Even on aircraft carriers I spent very little time in my stateroom. Of course, most of you cannot even imagine what life on an aircraft carrier is like. It is pretty spectacular. I have made landings on eleven aircraft carriers, and I do miss that.

• Options

I agree with Sealord that the locks are very noisy. I always bring earplugs and sleep great while transiting the locks.

• Options

The reason we stay in Category 7 is the suite is larger. The bathroom is big enough for both of us to be in there together. It has a walk-in closet and a French balcony with two enormous windows from floor to ceiling. We do not stay a long time in our cabin as I am an extrovert but it is a joy to come back after an excursion and have time to recoup, have a glass of wine and get ready for dinner. Also, I am older and I am worth it!!!

• Options

Noreen - “The bathroom is big enough for both of us to be in there together.”

But you’re such a wee lass, I’m not sure having two in there would work for me at 6’6” tall. 😂😂

• Options

Sam - you are correct!

• Options

My viewpoint is different. I don't see it as introvert versus extrovert; we have paid a premium for the room and intend to enjoy the comforts that it offers.

• Options

As I have said many times all aspects of travel are personal choices, in my opinion. There is no right or wrong, just what works best for the individual.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file