I thought some of you regulars may find this funny and a change from suitcases and sports jackets.
While we were away on our recent trip, our daughter contacted us to ask if we would like her to check our house out because of all the recent storms, so we said Ok. We have never asked our children to do this, but still never thought it odd.
We arrived home early Monday morning and soon I went upstairs and decided to clean my eyeglasses with the spray cleaner and cloth I keep in a little dish on my nightstand. To my surprise, there was a tiny pink plastic flamingo sitting there. I asked my husband if he had put it there, but then another caught my eye and I suspected a plot was afoot and my suspicion went straight to my daughter. We have a joke about flamingoes in our family because, weirdly, my son in law loves flamingoes and on our recent trip to Tanzania, I had promised he would see hundreds of them on the lake in Arusha National park like we had seen at that time of year on our first visit… but there were none. The guide said they were away breeding Fortunately, we did see some at the lake in the Ngorongoro. I called my daughter and she told me we had another 88 to find scattered throughout the house! Apparently, a few months ago, she had seen something on YouTube or equivalent where someone had posted about putting plastic animals all over. She and my son had been trying to figure out how to catch me out all that time and especially when she found she could buy 100 flamingoes online. She said it might take me months to find them all but also said it was a good way to get over my jet lag. It is certainly working. Since then I’ve managed to find 80 and they are pretty impressed with my total. I'm know for always dusting and cleaning so I guess that has helped and boy have we been laughing all the time! I have a feeling this might become a recurring occurrence 😂😂😂