Royal Danube - Krakow to Berlin Sept 8, 2019

My husband and I are booked on the September 8, 2019 tour. Looking forward to meeting other Tauck travelers. John & Linda, Delaware Travelers

Comments

• My wife and I are also booked. Looking forward to it. We took a Rhine Cruise with Viking 2 years ago and we met a couple who told us that Tauck was the best line. Hopefully that is true.

• Hi Ray - I’m glad the forums are back up. Are you on the Sept 8th cruise?

• I took this trip a year ago over the 4th of July. We ran into low water issues on the Danube such that Tauck had to improvise the agenda somewhat. It made for some longer bus rides for a couple of the excursions. The boat is very nice. They put on a spectacular July 4th barbecue on the top level of the boat. Overall, my favorite parts of the trip where the pre and post river parts in Berlin and Krakow. The hotel in Berlin, the Adlon Kreminski is in the ideal location - walking distance to lots of attractions and provides a tremendous location for simply people watching from its sidewalk restaurant.

• Took this trip last yr. Adlon Hotel in Berlin is very nice. When u go for breakfast, ask to be seated in the room looking out at the Brandenburg Gate. "Holocaust " Museum is out the back door of the hotel. National Museum of History was good as were many of the museums that Tauck will visit. Enjoy!!

• Our group is staying at the Westin Grand in Berlin. Adlon evidently was not available.

• The Westin Grand is also in a great location. It is just two blocks from the Adlon. Hopefully you’re spending an extra day in Berlin.

• We've been booked on this tour for quite a while, but I just got around to looking for some reading material and found this! I usually post on Cruise Critic for ocean cruises, so it's nice to have a specific site for the river cruise.
    Previously, Tauck offered suggestions for reading materials and ways to prepare for things we will see. I can't find that on the website. Does anyone know if it's still being offered? We have been to several of the stops on this cruise, but my DH (hubby) really wanted to go to Auschwitz to honor and remember. We are Linda and Tom from Oregon and this will be our 5th Tauck tour, if I'm remembering correctly.

• Sorry, the company that used to provide the list for Tauck stopped last year. You might try Rick Steves website. Select the "Explore Europe" tab then look under each country you'll be visiting. Then the "Read" tab. His tour guides also list movies to watch. I'm too lazy to take his tours but his website and guides are great.

• Yes, Delaraware traveler, we are.

• Does anyone know if you'll need an additional PIN with your credit card in Poland ? I don't think Austria and Germany will be a problem.

• We did not need an extra pin there, we just mention it is an American credit card. Never heard of an extra pin. We really enjoyed Krakow.

• Thanks for the input. I think it's more like Croatia and the Balkans but just wanted to be sure.

• We are going to. Croatia next year, will have to do some research on that now!

• Call your credit card company.

• Does anyone know if you have to clear immigration or customs in Amsterdam prior to transfering to flight to Krakow.

• When I flew to Warsaw via Frankfurt, cleared EU customs/immigration in Germany. Poland (and Holland) are part of the EU.

• You will clear immigration at the first airport in the Schengen area that you land at. If you are coming from the US and land in Amsterdam, you will clear there.

You will not see your luggage until you arrive at your final destination, and will clear customs there.

• You will enjoy this tour. We did it last year and loved it. Berlin has so much history and the river cruise was great. Enjoyed Krakow as well — enjoy!

• We just got back from this tour. Outstanding. Tauck is first class. We had low water for last 2 days of cruise but they came up with alternatives if you didn't want to travel far on buses for the original tours. Just great. Would travel with them again anytime.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file