Fun Face Masks

I thought I'd start a new discussion. I know AlanS posted a Tauck facemask a while back, but I had a mask created with a picture of my wife, when she was five, on the mask. I thought this could be a fun thread, assuming people have gotten creative with their COVID masking.

Comments

• Awesome!

• I've seen selfie masks printed with a photo of the lower part of peoples faces, the part that is normally covered up. One mask I saw didn't even look like the person had on a mask when I gave him a short glance from a distance. Upon looking closer it was kinda creepy like the first one below :D Better than having a mask with a dog's mouth or Dracula fangs!

• I like how most are smiling or at least neutral except for guy in the lower right corner with resting grump face.

• I’m going to try and not get into having fashionable Masks, The most important thing about a mask is that it should Protect from the virus, be worn properly, be a good fit, stand up to being frequently washed in very hot water and be put in a dryer. The masks you see with sequins and things like that, it’s a joke.

• edited September 2020

I'm waiting for the day when we can have a "Mask Burning Party" :)

I think I read somewhere that medical experts say a shield is better than a mask. I'm surprised no one is marketing a one-way shield- wearer can see out, but nobody can see in.

• British - Ah, come on, join in the fun. :D

Even if you have these masks just for photos to share with family or Tauck forum friends it is very lighthearted. Perhaps a mask with the Union Jack on it, or Queen Elizabeth, or a plate of Bangers and Mash. Lots of things that could lightheartedly reflect your British moniker. :D

• Concur that how you wear and care for your mask is the most important but that won't stop me from having some fun with our new fashion accessory. Photo below has my favorite that I get lots of comments on since we're into our balloons here. The one on the right is my husband's made from an Hawaiian shirt that no longer fit.

• Of course you can always go the route of supporting your alma mater. Go Huskies!!!

• edited September 2020

Oh dear, here I go again, face shields are not as protective for others. You must wear a mask too. A shield is mainly to protect your eyes. There was even a feature on last week’s CBS Sunday Morning about the disadvantages of just wearing face shields. If I could manage to clean myself up today and photo myself in one of my home made masks made with Three layers of an old bedsheet. I would do it for a laugh...but as usual, I’m taking a break from all my yard work today. As soon as I’ve had my coffee, I’ll be at it again, then later I’ll be swimming, having a cocktail and dinner, wine, without Any guilt of thinking I don’t deserve it. When there is no traveling, yard work flowers and gardens are my go to and it makes me happy and content.
    I did splash out and buy a mask to advertise our singing group as a fund raiser a few months ago. The masks look good, have a hot nylon layer and are not supposed to go in the dryer. Apart from the homemade masks which are good for a run to the supermarkets But mess up your hair because I preferred making them with adjustable shoe laces for a good fit instead of elastic, I got our more presentable masks from Jaannu, the hospital scrubs company. 5 for $25

• AlanS
    I think I read somewhere that medical experts say a shield is better than a mask. I'm surprised no one is marketing a one-way shield- >wearer can see out, but nobody can see in.

I read the opposite, i.e., a face shield is no substitute for a mask. When you inhale, you're sucking unfiltered air in from the sides and bottom.

cathyandsteve
    Nancy Pelosi has the best masks ever.

A face like Pelosi's is made for a mask :) (note- NOT a political comment, an aesthetic one)

• edited September 2020

Have a flowery day!

• We’ve had over 70 figs off that little Tree in a pot so far. Missed a lot of them last year when we were on a Tauck tour.

• Lovely garden. Brings a smile to my face.

• all my hobbies I can’t do, travel, theatre, singing.... except gardening Enjoy!

• British - WOW