Dreary COVID Travel Recommendation

13»

Comments

• Bundt, bundt, Shirley you jest! :D

• Don’t call him Shirley. 🤪

• Smiling Sam
    Just got my first Moderna vaccination shot. No lollipops given out at Walgreens, so I stopped at Nothing Bundt Cake on the way home. I just finished a lemon bundtlet to celebrate my first shot!!! I almost beat my personal best. I polished it off in 35 seconds.

Next, Sam is going to report weight gain as a side effect of the vaccine.

BSP - you beat me to that one! :D

• BKMD
    Next, Sam is going to report weight gain as a side effect of the vaccine.

Isn't it obvious what the weight vs vaccine celebration chart looks like. Although the return to equilibrium weight might be a bit optimistic.

• If you have a weight gain just go donate a pint of blood. You will lose a pound and benefit numbers of others

• I've donated over 5 gallons of blood in my life, but the last three times I've tried they've been unsuccessful at finding a vein that can provide the required amount of blood within the required time. I guess as I age my body is fighting harder to keep its blood. :D

Happy Valentines Day to everyone. <3

• That’s bloody awful

• We have had a really nice vaccination process here in Bowling Green, KY. One of the local hospitals got the contract and has had a streamlined and (seemingly) safe process. It's in the ground floor of one of the medical school bldgs on the hospital property. Large parking lot that leads straight to the front door. large foyer with multiple check-in stations leading into a large meeting room with many vaccine stations setup. I think it took us less than 5 minutes to get in, get the shot and then to a nice seated area to wait for 15 minutes. Couldn't ask for a more reassuring situation. There have been other contracts awarded. I hope those setups run as smoothly.

• Watauga County NC has also done a great job. The health dept. invited people via the local press to sign up as "interested" online or by phone. When your turn came up the sent an email or called asking you to make an appointment. We got our second shots last week. They used the new, not yet opened because of Covid, rec center, where two gyms were used to provide multiple check-in and vaccination stations, and an nice seating area for the 15-minute wait afterwards. Very smooth and quick process. We arrived a little before our appointment time and were actually out before our appointed time.

• This is the same Fauci that said don’t wear a mask ... oh, maybe a mask would be good ... oh, you must wear a mask? I’m surprised he wasn’t in the dinner party at “The French Laundry”.

• Sealord, you present a good example of how we've all had to learn to cope with this novel virus as we go along. We're still learning.

• The initial "don't wear a mask" was to avoid panic buying, so health care personnel would have an adequate supply at the start of this. Remember toilet paper?

It was at the "don't wear a mask" phase that I went to Home Depot and bought a few boxes of N95 respirators, as I knew "wear a mask" wasn't far behind.

• Sealord - Do you have a postcard in mind yet that you'll be sending from Arusha in June? :D

• There won't be any Tauck Tanzania trips for a few years for sure with or without masks. When the Tanzania trips finally restart maybe Fauci could lead the way.

• edited February 2021

Sealord is going to Tanzania, he’s already said he is going to send me a postcard. While he is there, he is going to count all the people with Covid and send the numbers to the WHO so they can relax.
    Meant in fun Sealord, it’s more fun here when you and I agree to disagree.

• CaraBethP
    February 15
    We have had a really nice vaccination process here in Bowling Green, KY. I think it took us less than 5 minutes to get in, get the shot and then to a nice seated area to wait for 15 minutes. Couldn't ask for a more reassuring situation.

So, no massacre? :D Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

Once Vidant Health pushed/elbowed the county health dept. out of the way, the process here in E.NC has gone very smoothly. We had our Pfizer #2 last Tuesday. Standing by to stand by for an announcement about booster shot? :/