Tauck App

Has anyone tried looking at the Tauck app recently, I mean the app where you can see the itinerary for your tour etc. ? I just went on it to change it. I have two future tours but it now says the app is currentlyly unavailable. Has Tauck discontinued this feature?

Comments

• Just tried my Switzerland tour that's been loaded for months and it came up fine.

• edited June 2020

British
    7:49AM in General
    Has anyone tried looking at the Tauck app recently, I mean the app where you can see the itinerary for your tour etc. ? I just went on it to change it. I have two future tours but it now says the app is currently unavailable. Has Tauck discontinued this feature?

What were you trying to change? Is there anything you can change in the app other than select the active trip if more than one is within the active time frame? I don't remember any.

I don't have any trips coming up within 6 mo. but they finally deleted my old and cancelled ones. I don't know if they ever standardized how far out new trips are loaded.

• I tried mine yesterday and it's showing the tour that I took to SE Asia in March 2019 as having been completed. Nothing about the 2 Tauck trips that I have taken since then or the 2 future trips that I have booked. I also can't seem to access the content of the Tauck.com page to research other tour options (a source of entertainment for me!). Usually, I'm the cause of my own technical difficulties but I think Tauck's IT department needs work.

• I just opened the app. It shows 3 trips:
    1. Japan April 2020 Active (cancelled)
    2. ESW Sept 2020
    3. I/J Nov 2019 (completed)

Doesn't show my rebooked japan trip (Oct 2020) nor trips booked next year.

On the bottom, it says, if you've changed your trip and it hasn't updated, please pull down the above list to refresh. Tried swiping down and nothing happens.

The app is as useless as it's always been.

• AlanS - Before the pandemic new trips were loaded on the App each year in the order of each specific tours first starting date for the year, regardless of when any person is taking the trip. Some tours like the Middle East tours tend to have tours at the start and end of the year but not in the middle. If a person happens to be taking one of those tours late in the year the tour will be loaded to the App before a tour whose first departure is in the middle of the year. This happened to me this year. I was signed up for the Iceland tour in June and the Egypt tour in October. The Egypt tour got loaded to the App before the Iceland tour because the Egypt tour had first departure dates earlier in the year than Iceland did.

• British, two things to try- log out and log back in or uninstall and reinstall the app. If I remember one or both has worked in the past.

• Thanks to everyone for their input. I wanted to change my cancelled itinerary, which has been on my iPad for many months. I tried to download my future tours, which it tries to do, but is stuck trying to download. I have about 6 other already there which I’ve already taken. So I logged out but cannot log in, it says my password is wrong and that the app is unavailable at the moment.

• edited June 2020

-Send a msg or email to Tauck IT (eSupport@tauck.com) or Tauck Tim or Tauck Emily, or give them a call on their "dedicated support line" at 888-433-0479.

• I had password problems before that were because my tablet would auto capitalize the first letter of the password unless I changed it. My password was all lower case letters.

• Thanks so much Alan. I just tried re installing the app and changing my password and it still refuses to let me in. It also said the app was not available right now. I could access everything from the cancelled tour before I deleted it. As my next scheduled tour is not until April and I think likely to be cancelled, I will hold off. I mever call Tauck apart from to book a tour.

• edited June 2020

Hello Everyone, We're sorry for the issues you're experiencing with the mobile app. The reason this is happening is because we have temporarily disabled the App due to the frequent tour updates and travel policy changes over the past couple of months. Don't worry though, the app will resume again as normal shortly. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and are working on getting some messaging on the App, regarding the status of the App. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Tauck Emily

• Thanks Emily!

• Thanks.

• I sent a esupport email about the app @ have not heard back

• edited April 2021

Unless you have a trip in the next month or so, don't expect to see the app working. The activation date has varied since Tauck developed the app, but I suspect they won't activate your trip until a few weeks prior to departure. So, if you are looking for Cowboy Country, June 20, 2021, you likely won't see it active on the app much before the 1st of June. Let us know what esupport says. They do not work 24/7 so it may take a few days.

• I've had my app for a while. Never very accurate. Tried to get in today, trip planned in September, no luck. Deleted the app. Went to Apple Store and the app now no longer exists - only one for travel agents. Nice!

• Another covid casualty. Maybe when travel gets back to normal it will come back with some of the improvements we've wanted.

• Tauck did away with the app months ago. It was never successful for other than planning before your trip, even the list of people on the tour was inaccurate and the tour directors never used it.
    Funnily enough, I still have the app on one of my iPads and I can see our December 2019 itinerary for our Africa tour and the list of people on the tour.

• Me too, British. My app for my canceled River Cruise from April of 2020 is still open and I can also see the Guest List. Funny.

• Email from esupport on April 19,

We're so sorry for the issues you're experiencing with the mobile app. We have temporarily disabled the App due to the frequent tour updates and travel policy changes over the past couple of months. Don't worry though, the app will resume again as normal shortly. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and are working on getting some messaging on the App, regarding its status. If you have any other questions please let us know.

• When will TAUCK app BE UP AND GOING?

• If anyone can answer JoWeber’s question then they should buy a lotto ticket. 😀

• Sounds like June 2021 is a go for Yosemite (6/12) and Yellowstone (6/22). I called TAUCK and they said it’s 100% go! Anyone been to tell me ur fav experiences?

• Since I’m going in June 2021. Just wondered if TAUCK app was going to be working may/June 2021.

• Jo, even if the app "works" it's not all that useful as those of us who have used it on previous tours have found. The early info - other than the general itinerary - is just Fodors travel info for the area. Once on your tour the daily itinerary will be loaded (likely not updated if changes are made later) and the guest list may or may not be accurate. There are a few features that are nice like weather and currency exchange in foreign countries. But your smart phone can get to those without the app.

The only use I've found for it is to have a handy copy of the itinerary without a paper copy before the trip.

• edited April 2021

Hi Everyone,

After careful consideration, Tauck has decided to disable the Tauck App for the 2021 season. We appreciate all the very helpful feedback from our guests regarding the App’s usability and look forward to re-launching a new and improved version in 2022.

Thank you!
    Tauck Emily

• I loved the APP - It gave me a lot of information about the town etc., - However, Thanks for the update

• I cannot log onto my Tauck app. Is it still disabled?

• It’s Not coming back until at least 2023