Cowboy 2021 June 20th - Any Children going - what age?

Cowboy Country Trip 2021 , June 20, I will be traveling with three grand kids (10, 11 & 12), would like to know if anyone sign up to go on this trip. And if anyone has an old schedule that would help us plan better.

Comments

• I have no direct knowledge on this tour but from past experience on the forum, those who take the Bridges tours don't tend to participate in the forum. If you want to know something like how many other kids are on the tour and their ages, call Tauck and they'll give you the info (no names just numbers).

Also re schedule, so many things can affect the detailed itinerary for a trip that any previous schedule should be used with some caution. Things like weather, traffic, special events in the area, etc can all cause the TD to make changes. And that was before covid started complicating things. I'm an over planner myself but have learned the hard way on tours to be flexible once the tour actually starts.

Best of luck on your trip.

• edited April 2021

Taking my Grandkids, two are young girls - had to use two pictures -
    So I called this trip "Cowgirls / Cowboy Tour"

• Gilbertgeorge: Great images. Thanks for posting.

• Great pics!

• Email from Tauck April 7th.

UNITED STATES
    We are delighted to begin welcoming back our valued patrons on all domestic tours beginning June 2021! Prior to then, we will continue re-opening our Eastern USA tours according to the timeline noted below.

• Tours starting in June 2021: ALL USA TOURS

COWBOY TOUR – Let’s go!

• Have fun, do let us know how it goes!

• edited April 2021

Tauck has said, "We will notify booked guests of the final day-by-day details three weeks prior to departure." :)

• PLEASE READ UP ON THE NEW POSTING FOR COWBOY TRIP

While there are currently no travel restrictions or quarantine requirements in the states we will be visiting on your trip, the US National Park Service requires that all Tauck guests, without exception, comply with the following conditions to enter the National Parks you will visit on this tour:

For entry, all Tauck guests must provide one of the following three forms of proof:

A government-issued certificate, such as the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, indicating that you are fully vaccinated and received the final required dose no sooner than 14 days prior to the start of this tour.

A laboratory-issued, dated negative PCR COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to your departure for this tour.

A doctor’s note indicating full recovery from COVID-19, as well as the laboratory-issued original positive test result within 3 months of tour departure.

• I remembered reading this recently but can’t remember what that means for children. I do hope you can all go and have fun!

• Where did you get this information? A little more than a week ago, we were in two western national parks (Zion & Bryce Canyon. Stayed at the inn park lodge in Zion. Masks required in indoor facilities (lodge, Visitors Centers, shuttle buses), but nowhere else. No requirement for proof of vaccination (which we had with us, but never needed) or testing.

Is this a Tauck mandate? I'm quite certain it isn't an NPS or government mandate.

• I read this on government website this week

• Portolan - See today's (May 13) update from Tauck. The COVID-19 entry requirements are listed within the Travel Updates section.

• edited May 2021

Because that's what Tauck said doesn't make it NPS policy. Personally, I'd be happy for Tauck to institute policies like that, but don't credit/blame the NPS.

British, can you cite a .gov web site on this?

When I search for official statements from the NPS, I find this (Yellowstone), for example: NPS.gov/yell/learn/news/covid-19-cases-update.htm

Again, I was in (actually 3) national parks last week and there was nothing like the Tauck-stated requirements including for in-park dining and lodging.

• I did not say it was policy of the National Parks. I was attempting to be gracious by answering your specific question.

• edited May 2021

kfnknfzk: not criticizing you...it's Tauck clearly saying it. Just can't find any basis for their statement.

• I’ve been to Yosemite four times in the last year, so I know it is not NPS policy. The indoor areas are pretty tightly controlled and require masks, but the park itself is open, but capacity is sometimes limited. The Ahwahnee Hotel, where Tauck stays, is pretty much wide open. We go there for drinks every time we visit, but we stay at the Evergreen Lodge which is near Hetch Hetchy. Tauck’s small boat partners Ponant and Windstar both require vaccinations. I don’t know what Scylla is doing with the river boats.

• This is where I must have read it, There is an addition sentence at the end about children that was not there earlier in the week,
    Your health and safety remain our number one priority while you are traveling with us on the Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks tour. There are currently no travel restrictions or quarantine requirements in the states we will be visiting. However, the below requirements are mandated by the US National Park Service and are applicable to all Tauck guests without exception:

All guests must provide one of the following three forms of proof:

A government-issued certificate, such as the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, indicating that you are fully vaccinated and received the final required dose no sooner than 14 days prior to the start of this tour.
    A laboratory-issued, dated negative PCR COVID-19 test result from within 72 hours prior to your departure for this tour.
    A doctor’s note indicating full recovery from COVID-19, as well as the laboratory-issued original positive test result within 3 months of tour departure.

• Please note that unvaccinated minors will need to provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to your departure for this tour.
  • edited May 2021

I am delighted that we are finally able to travel, albeit if only domestically for the time being. I appreciate Tauck being cautious. For those concerned about whether or not the aforementioned "restrictions" are warranted, please understand that groups traveling to national parks warrant different protocols than parties of two. Given that the CDC has now lessened their mask guidance, it is probably a moot point. Nonetheless, I will continue to be cautious and wear my mask in public for the time being. And I certainly have no problem with showing my vaccination card. Happy travels.

• I just received a new ‘Summary of Payment’ for out 2022 K&T. I think this first page is the same for all Tauck tours, and here is what it says:

“:Consistent with CDC guidelines, all Tauck guests, except those who have been fully vaccinated, must take a PCR COVID-19 test and receive a negative result within five days of their departure for their Tauck journey. All guests must follow all protocols, such as wearing face coverings in public places,
    to ensure their safety and that of their fellow travelers, our partners and the communities we visit. Additionally, all Tauck Guests will have to sign our Travel Well Pledge and COVID-19 Liability Waiver on the first day of their journey. The Tauck Director will provide these documents on the first day of
    the trip. See our website at www.tauck.com/travel-agreement to view these documents.”

• Sealord - We are all still expecting to see your postcard from Arusha this June/July. :D

• As I told British. The postcard will be coming from Sint Maartin.

• The Restaurant situation in Yellowstone is really bad. Old Faithful Inn only has a sandwich shop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file