Flying Qatar

Hello everyone
A couple of years before the Pandemic, we discover Qatar Air, we now try to use them any time we can. Here is a Points Guy twenty minute video showing both business and economy. Seats, food etc It shows Doha airport and the fabulous massive business class lounge, the Harrods store. Love that airport. We were on a Qatar flight after lockdown had begun in the US, we will never forget the caring flight attendants on that trip back home.

Hope this link works and I hope Mil sees it! Actually, I dedicate it to her!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/qatar-2-class-review/

Comments

• edited November 2021

British
    11:07AM in General
    . . . We were on a Qatar flight after lockdown had begun in the US, we will never forget the caring flight attendants on that trip back home.

The link worked just fine. Thanks.

The last time I compared fares, I thought the Qatar fare was a fair bit higher than Turkish. I don't recall how it compared to Emirates. I'm also not too sure about an overnight layover if it can be avoided. Anyway, it is a definite option. I wish Delta/Skyteam Alliance had a member airline comparable to Qatar, Emirates, or Turkish. The video illustrates the benefits of a government subsidized airline!

I only had one gripe about the video- the accents! :D:D:D>:)

• AlanS
    ... the benefits of a government subsidized airline!

Depends on the gov't. Think Alitalia or TAP. Or Amtrak!

• I think oil revenue fits into the equation somewhere! :D

• AlanS - depends on the type of oil. Lots of olive oil in Italy and Portugal. 🤣

• Based on flight schedule and a recommendation from British, I'm flying Qatar for my December Jordan-Egypt tour. The fare was slightly higher than Turkish and much higher than United w/European layover. The flight schedule was better for my travels and as previously stated...I'm an airplane snob--therefore, I'm looking forward to the Q-Suite and using the "Do Not Disturb" sign...34 days B)

• PureLuxury - I'm an airplane snob--therefore, ...

Seems like private jet would be a better option!!! :D:D

• ...Seems like private jet would be a better option!!!

Smiling Sam...I've had an opportunity to fly on my company's corporate jet--it's a very nice experience indeed!

• Wife and I booked Qatar through Doha for our upcoming Tauck India/Nepal tour. Have never flown them before...but they had a great price on Business class for the ticket if you can do your booking 11 months out. Great reviews for the Qsuites on the A350 they fly. Really looking forward to using them.

• The Qatar Q suites are amazing! Looking to book them for K&T next October.