70 days to go...................

Celebrating the countdown and my B-Day today.:)))

Comments

• Happy 25th birthday, for the ??? time. :D

• Happy Birthday!! I'm at 04 DAYS 23 HOURS 14 MINUTES 45 SECONDS....

• Happy Birthday, I think Princess Diana’s birthday was this date! Ah, that explains everything Mil! 😀Hope they let you leave work early today! Spa treatments? 😘

• Happiest birthday. My brother says I’m 10 in dog years!

• milmil
    edited July 2022

British, Yes her B-Day was on July 1st.
    Spa next week.- 90 min. living the dream.... :))

Smiling Sam 25 x 2 + 8 :)

OurTravels34 Thanks a million.:)

• Happy birthday, Mil! 43 days for us. 😊

• edited July 2022

Happy birthday Mil !!!!! Many more

• Happy Birthday Mil…Have a Spectacular Day!🎉

• Mil,

I hope you received a new pair of sneakers...with lots of bling on them...or maybe just bling with no sneakers!

• Thank you guys! ❤️❤️
    Here with family drinking good wine !
    Kfnknfzk the sneakers are waiting for me at The Level súper shoes store in Dubai. No spikes! Spikes are a nightmare, cannot travel with them.

• Mil, I am late to the party, but I hope you had an awesome birthday filled with everything and everyone you love🥳♥️

• milmil
    edited July 2022

Thank you! my friend.
    The ones I love yes, everything....? I went for.... the next day :)
    I should be saving money....instead, I went to the mall ...( mom needed PJ's ) and don't like malls... but, what really end up happening..?
    Well, she remembered JJill gives you an xtra 25% Disct. on your Birthday month... and the rest it's history, came out with 3 bags myself and she had 1 plus another from Macy's
    My mom is a bad influence. :)
    Now, I should say.. I'm ready for Africa.
    Have a happy 4th. :)

• You scored! Have a very Happy Fourth of July. We will be sitting under the fireworks as they explode over the beach ( I feel bad for the animals though) 🎆🎇🇺🇸

• Jejeje! Yes, the animals do suffer with the noise and fireworks.
    I've been cleaning bathroom counters, shower etc.. and drawers also, my closet, I'm getting rid of stuff I don't use, then while in my room , I started to pack photography stuff, Iphone chargers and cables, masks, some meds, glasses, cl's- eye drops some clothes .., sock, underwear, warmers, swimsuit etc... DDT, sunglasses, hat , airing out my safari tennis shoes... and separated some of the clothes- I pack like Elizabeth Taylor, but never over the weight limit. 🙂
    I'm exhausted..
    I know we are 69 days away.. but,I like to pack ahead all the extras, so I'm not running at the last min. specially with all the electronics and meds.-
    Oh, I just took a 15min. break. back to work.
    Have a great evening.

• mil - I'm exhausted just reading your note!

• Three months ahead, wow,

• mil, you impress me over and over again! I am concerned about traveling with just a backpack because I will have to put my Tauck duffel inside of it, and that will take up a lot of room unless they send us something compressed and small. Your thoughts? I really don’t want to check luggage during this crazy time in the airline industry.

• edited July 2022

Ladybombay
    8:21AM
    . . . I am concerned about traveling with just a backpack because I will have to put my Tauck duffel inside of it, and that will take up a lot of room unless they send us something compressed and small. Your thoughts? I really don’t want to check luggage during this crazy time in the airline industry.

The duffels used to come with their own stowage bag- however, good luck folding the duffel tightly enough to get it inside the bag. :D:D

• edited July 2022

Your duffel comes in a very small bag with a carry handle. Suggest attaching it to the shoulders strap of your backpack and carrying it alongside your backpack, then it will look like one item. If your personal item, for me, a handbag, is on the large size, then you should be able to fit enough clothes, be sure to not have any liquids outside of the 3oz size in the small zip lock bag. Wear safari gear, including shoes on the plane. The duffel carry bag is good to put a pair of muddy shoes in. You can bring the duffel home as a separate checked bag.

• Alan and British, thank you both very much. I feel better about my luggage decision now. You are both very experienced Tauck travelers, and I value your advice.

• milmil
    edited July 2022

I'm back! Happy 4th everyone....
    British, I'm only collecting everything I will take besides the actual clothes.. all the xtras , my clothes will go into the suitcase D' day before departure, it may sound like a lot but it's not. Also making sure camera is working propertly , memory cards are in the bag and the meds.
    My baby Loubies :( are staying home, I might buy new ones ... remember I'm staying in Dubai 3 days before Safari, temptation is there...

• edited July 2022

Mil, our local Marmi shoe store keeps sending me emails about wonderful sales on amazing dressy sneakers, next time you are Philly way, let me know and I will meet you, I will take you there and you can lead me astray 😀

• Ladybombay hello Happy 5th
    Hey dear, I'm filling my entry & exit forms- have you done them?
    I will send you the links. :) coming up soon

• mil, not sure what forms are needed, but I would appreciate the links. ❤️

• both are needed 1 for the entry and 1 to exit South Africa.