We have arrived

1235»

Comments

• Options

Safe travels home British :)

• Options

British
    Yes, I should definitely never try to get a job in book editing

Only if people are willing to put up with books that are one long paragraph.

• Options

We were on the July 18th Grand Alaska tour. Arrived in Anchorage to rain/clouds/fog which continued for the next four days which cancelled our float plane tour on day 1. Luckily the weather was clear for our Denali trip. Things went downhill from there as I was diagnosed with covid the next day despite my best efforts to stay safe. We were quarantined at the Princess Denali lodge for one day and then driven by coach with 20 or so other covid positive people and spouses back to Anchorage.
    Apparently Princess has a very large footprint in Alaska and controls most of the lodging in the tourist areas which is unfortunate as the lodging and food are below par (especially the food). It would be nice if Tauck could break away from Princess and design a shorter land tour with a smaller, perhaps expedition style ship down the inside passage.
    We spoke with others on our tour Friday and half of them tested positive for covid and could not board the ship. Not sure how much longer it will be before Tauck pulls the plug on Alaska for the season. Tauck (and Princess) cannot be making money on these tours at this rate, not to mention the administrative headaches.

• Options

Tauck operates a small ship tour (using Ponant ships) of Alaska's Inside Passage.

• Options
    edited July 2022

We are home. Still feeling well and keeping our fingers crossed. We enjoyed the unique experiences of the land part of the tour far more than the ship which did not have the promised itinerary we had booked. The only thing Tauck could improve is spacing people out while eating. Everyone signs the Tauck pledge, but they think that it is not going to happen to them, but it did! If we have contracted Covid in the last few days it’s because we sat opposite the spouse of someone who was already in quarantine and she tested positive within hours.
    I”m still maintaining that almost everyone who contracted Covid on our tour were either non maskers from the get go, intermittently wore them, wore them incorrectly or very loosely. I’ll be sure to let you know how we are in the next few days.

• Options

British - hope you are well, happy you are back home safe, no delays, no lost luggage. I went to Chicago last week to visit my grandson and all my flights were on time. We'll see what happens next week when I leave for Scandinavia.

• Options

gladysorlando984
    9:10AM
    We'll see what happens next week when I leave for Scandinavia.

Hopefully the lines at IKEA aren't too long! :D

Have a good trip.

• Options

Delays, yes we had delays, we are not like SeaLord who falls in full buckets and comes out dry if you see what I mean.
    Our return flight was canceled about half an hour before we were to leave the ship. We scrambled and got different flights but instead of flying via Chicago to Philly on business, we flew to to LA on economy then waited 5 hours there to fly to Boston…managed business, then flew to Philly and I got upgraded from economy, my dear hubby gave up his claim on it. Then just before take off, he got upgraded. So we arrived home the next day after being awake over 24 hours just to get back from Vancouver. We felt worse than if we’d been to Africa or Asia or even Australia. But we did get out bags, so only got a bit wet in our bucket 😂😂😂

• Options

British: I will admit to being ‘lucky’. I used up at least eight of my nine lives flying off aircraft carriers and in really lousy weather in Southeast Asia. I’m not ready to stop living yet … and that does not include running around with a mask that has never been proven to be a superior protection. Thousands of health care workers who only wear each mask once have died of covid … and they mask all the time. Contributors here have said they went on trips and were masked all the time and still got covid. We are all going to get covid eventually. Pick your trips carefully. At this point you would have the best time on trips that don’t require testing.

• Options

Yes SeaLord, you are indeed correct about us picking what is now one of the few trips that require testing. Still, some of our fellow passengers arrived on the tour with Covid, how do I know, they had symptoms everyone could see. I think that is why the TD told us all we were playing with fire not wearing masks on the land part of the tour before our testing. He was verbally abused by some of the positive people, that is a terrible thing for a great TD to have to put up with.
    I assume that on tours where testing is not required, that anyone with symptoms would be asked to test by htecTD?We are still wearing masks whenever appropriate, it is no big deal. We have too many friends and family we love and need to protect, several who are young, are having cancer treatment, have 101 year old grandfathers or have MS, just a few examples of people we would feel terrible passing on Covid to even if we might think we will be ok ourselves.
    So far, we feel fine. We will test ourselves tomorrow which will be day five since we last saw anyone in our group. On our American Airlines flights, the pilots make it clear mask wearing is a personal choice and everyone should respect each other’s choice. Thank goodness, when we go to Singapore in September we are flying Qatar.

• Options

Found some of the rafting trip photos for those who wonder what the experience is like

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file