Options

Ever get a "your flights have changed" email, but you can't find any changes?

Earlier today, I got such an email from United for my Egypt trip in Oct. I went thru the flights line by line and can't find any difference from what was previously booked. Anyone else ever experience this?

More often than this scenario, the opposite happens. Flights change and they don't notify me.

Comments

• Options

I constantly get ones from Tauck that don't highlight the supposed changes. I've gotten into the habit of checking out our flights on Delta and not relying on anyone to alert me. So far so good.

• Options

BKMD - perhaps the layover time changed or the aircraft type.

• Options

Sometimes I get "flight change" alerts when only the flight number has changed, but the times have stayed the same. I also get them when there is a change in aircraft type or one of the three contract regional airlines (Endeavor, Republic, SkyWest) doing business as "Delta Connection."

• Options

AlanS - I just sent BKMD a PM talking about a plane change we received. Our seat numbers didn't change but due to the plane change the configuration changed such that we are no longer sitting next to each other. We are across the aisle from each other and one of us will have another person next to them. The plane change switched the configuration from a 2/2 to a 1/2.

• Options

They need to tweak their seat assignment algorithm! :D

That has happened to us a few times but there has always been plenty of adjacent seats available to choose from. The one exception was during our flight fiasco in May coming home from Treasures of the Aegean when our initial flight from JFK to RDU was delayed then cancelled.

In the current environment, I wonder how may folks have had to accept a lower class of seat, exceeded the delay maximum, etc. but not filed a complaint or filed for compensation because they were just happy to make it home and it wasn't worth the hassle. I'm sure we qualified for compensation from Delta after our last trip.

• Options

Delta once change our plane in SLC in between printing my boarding passes in Alb and getting to our gate in SLC. I was checking the app tracing our bags and noticed our seat numbers in the app weren't the same as the boarding pass. Went up to the check in desk and the agent just said they changed planes and printed new boarding passes. Could have be awkward if we'd gotten on the plane with the old seat numbers arguing with some stranger about who was in the right seat.

• Options

We were in that arguing with a stranger situation last year. It’s was upsetting. We had been seated for a long while and some guy comes on and says I was in his seat. I showed him my paper ticket, I had the correct seat, but he had the same. The flight attendant made calls, oiler seats had been changed between us and him arriving. I got moved, ending up next to a non mask wearing guy when masking was compulsory…..it always happens to me.