Travel to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand

2»

Comments

• Smiling Sam: I didn't mean to suggest that the "scooters" were self-serving. All the small vehicles were two passengers and a driver.

• One of my favorite memories of the trip was when I was attempting to cross the busy street that surrounds the Hoan Kiem Lake so that I could walk around the lake and visit the temple that's on the lake. I kept hoping that the horrendous traffic would slow down. Then three young (20-something) ladies dressed in beautiful ao dais approached, and one grabbed my hand and guided me across the street. I felt like the iconic old lady being helped across the street by a Boy Scout!

And thank you, Alan, for the photo instruction.

• Cathy, I am just curious as to why Tauck would cancel a trip that is over 10 months out or was this a non-Tauck trip?

• edited May 2021

This sounds like more of a case of Tauck dropping a tour from their roster than a covid reaction.

• MCD
    May 25
    And thank you, Alan, for the photo instruction.

No problem. Re: flagging- maybe some thought I posted a photo of a Confederate monument??? It kinda looks like one but is the statue of David Livingstone on the Zambia side of Victoria Falls.

travel maven
    9:04AM
    Cathy, I am just curious as to why Tauck would cancel a trip that is over 10 months out or was this a non-Tauck trip?

Tauck cancelled XMAS Mkts 2021 departures almost 10 months early - it was a river boat issue, but Cathy is probably talking about a Regent cruise. Tauck doesn't have an itinerary that expansive.

• Cathy is not talking about a Tauck tour. I feel so bad her big tour got canceled

• Cathy: So sorry to hear this, how disappointing.

• Thanks for all you comments about VC&T. So far, I think the trip is a GO leaving Jan. 12, 2022. Getting excited! 🤗

• Wife and I are looking at Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand for Jan 2024. I'll admit to being spoiled, so are the accommodations "American Friendly" like A/C, regular flush toilets, that kind of stuff? Can you get by only knowing english? Thanks

• I did Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos with Tauck. The answer to all of your questions for those countries is "yes," and I bet it applies to Thailand, too.

• MarkD - Yes to all your questions for all three countries. The Tauck accommodations are lovely.

• Fabulous part of the world! I did not go with Tauck, but everything was modern and clean.the people of Southeast Asia are lovely and the sites are incredible.

• edited May 2023

Wife and I are looking at Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand for Jan 2024. I'll admit to being spoiled, so are the accommodations "American Friendly" like A/C, regular flush toilets, that kind of stuff? Can you get by only knowing english? Thanks

50+ years ago you could get by easily knowing only English. I'm sure it's much better now. And 50+ years ago the hotels were nice, had flush toilets, etc. It's really not a primitive area. Back then there was some concern for malaria but I don't know how it is today.

• The Four Seasons resort in Chang Mai, Thailand May be one of our all time favorite hotel resorts ever…it is a place you wish you didn’t have to leave. The Raffles Hotel in Cambodia has colonial era charm and lovely too. I can’t think of any hotel on the trip that wasn’t great. We loved this trip…from start to finish!

• We signed up for the Jan 15, 2024 small group trip. We'll start doing our homework this summer. Anybody else one that one?

• MarkD--We are on a group right after you: Jan 19, 2024.

• Agree withNancy about the hotels in general and Four seasons Chiang Mai in particular!We were the lastTauck tour before the Pandemic closed .Our tour only had 5 couples because many canceled;When we went to Chiang Mai ,our group was the sole group to occupy the beautiful facilities of Four seasons.Even the Apsara dances were just exclusively for us!

• All the hotels on this trip were great especially the Four Seasons and Raffles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file