Options

Teeny Tiny Duffel for Namibia

OGIO Duffel arrived. It is NOT on wheels.

Can also take a small soft sided back pack.

Excited for this tour!

Comments

• Options

Stellie, I like the duffel and think it is roomy enough for my needs. I do not, however, like the fact that it is too large for the airline’s overhead compartment. Since we do carry on only, we chose to put the duffel in a small roller carry on bag which we will then leave with Tauck in Windhoek after transferring our three safari shirts and three pairs of safari pants into the duffel. Should be fine. Being overweight is not cool when flying in those small bush planes. Enjoy your tour!

• Options

You too Sandy! Cheers!

• Options

I would be surprised if you got stopped with the Ogio Big Top. It is 45 ‘linear inches’, although the dimensions are not exactly as specified, AA’s limit is 45 linear inches. However, we have used the old Eagle Creek (non wheeled) duffels for years as carry on, and we have never been stopped, and it is slightly larger. We never stuff the thing, it’s a duffel so it is ‘crushable’ if it is not inflated like an aircraft tire.

• Options

Do you have the bag’s dimensions. I need to start figuring out how and what to pack based on the size. I normally travel with a rolling Eagle Creek duffel but am wondering how much smaller this bag will be.

• Options

Stellie, Hi.
    Hey dear when you received the Duffel did it had a letter saying anything about Namibia? of South Africa and Elegant Adventure? Apparently every tour has it's own/different types and since you are doing 2 back to back, the Tauck rep. wanted to know what the letter said.
    I called them because I need one with wheels- I have a Ulnar nerve injury, so I cannot carry/pull anything with my left arm.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks

• Options
    edited May 5

Mil,
    No letter from Tauck.
    I called them to verify that the duffel I was sent had no wheels. I also wanted to verify the dimensions of duffel.
    They need to change "Rolling
    duffel" for Namibia on website. It's confusing people.
    As I am doing back to back tours it will be my only Luggage other then small backpack for 3 1/2 weeks!
    I hope you can get your situation resolved.
    Cheers!
    Stellie

• Options

Stellie, is the duffel sort of large like a 90L one or smaller like something a college athlete would carry. I am at a loss because I thought they were giving out rolling duffel, which suggests something a bit larger.

• Options
    edited May 5

MS78
    I am posting a pic. It's 21 inches length. Tauck needs to REMOVE the Rolling Duffel from the description of the tour.

• Options
    milmil
    edited May 5

That's a gym bag! maybe they are planning for us to become part of the Himba tribe. :D

• Options

Thanks, that sure doesn’t look like it can hold clothes for the entire journey. Think I’ll have to call and get some more details from Tauck.

• Options
    edited May 13

Hi I called Tauck and they said they send us a duffel that measures 24 by 12 by 11 that folds up to 9 by 7 by 4 and weighs 1 pound 12 ounces . She said we will use it for days 2 though 9 on the journey and we will have time to pack it on the first evening.